RDG_RCR

Photo blog thread

This shot isn't there yet, but it's a technique that Stephanie and I were playing with. I had her backlit by the sun, put the camera on a tripod with a fairly small aperture, set exposure compensation to over expose one stop. Used the timer (forgot my remote) and got it all set up, then hit the timer and picked up the reflector to add some front lighting. Here's the best of the bunch. I'm very thankful to Stephanie for her patience in working with me on new techniques like she does. We had fun

59cedb6d3e3fb_astar.thumb.jpg.e617f046e76c0e3250a509f5801795a1.jpg

59cedb6d3e3fb_astar.thumb.jpg.e617f046e76c0e3250a509f5801795a1.jpg

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

This shot isn't there yet, but it's a technique that Stephanie and I were playing with. I had her backlit by the sun, put the camera on a tripod with a fairly small aperture, set exposure compensation to over expose one stop. Used the timer (forgot my remote) and got it all set up, then hit the timer and picked up the reflector to add some front lighting. Here's the best of the bunch. I'm very thankful to Stephanie for her patience in working with me on new techniques like she does. We had fun

You're welcome :) I think next time we try something like this, we should have an assistant though. It was too challenging without...

You're welcome :) I think next time we try something like this, we should have an assistant though. It was too challenging without...

I agree, we needed help. I was flailing :marshmellow:

But I still like the effect. I think it could be cool with some high school portraits

Tggrrr010.jpg

They are beautiful long exposures. Did you shoot in raw? The composition is nice and I love them, but if you can bring back some of the detail where the water blew out all white I think you could get more of the lacy effect.

I love long exposures with water, they're magic

Tggrrr010.jpg

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

holidays

I can't figure out how to embed the image

You have to use a URL directly to the image itself (not to the page containing the image). Also, the site hosting the images has to allow external embedding (not all sites do).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129