TGGRRR (Ali)

What are these magical 2nd gen windshield wipers

I am driving Max this week while Tigger gets his makeover and Mark is away on business. I guess I have never driven him in the rain as it took me a while to figure out how to turn on the windshield washers.

Then I noticed how magical they are, they slow down when I stop and they go faster when I go faster. What a great idea

Can I mod Tigger to do that? I know, I know the answer is no :frown:

It is a cool feature, made me all happy :biggrin:

Look they're going fast, ooh now slow, ooh fast again... Amusing me during rush hour traffic

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

that's pretty cool I notice on gen 1 the faster you go the louder the music gets all the lil chill thing you find in the car

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

that's pretty cool I notice on gen 1 the faster you go the louder the music gets all the lil chill thing you find in the car

Tigger has an aftermarket radio, it doesn't do that. I'll have to test Max and see if he does that. Took me a while to realize the wipers were magical.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I thought Gen 1's had that also and it had something to do with the rain sensor...As mine is broke anyway I never got to try them out.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Then I noticed how magical they are, they slow down when I stop and they go faster when I go faster. What a great idea

Scoopie does that; Tigger should do it, 2. Whenever my wipers are going and I stop for a light/traffic, they slow down. Same occurs when in intermittent mode; even the rear wiper slows down in intermittent mode! Can't believe u hadn't noticed that on Tigger! Unless, there's a difference between the hardtop & cabrio ... ?

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

I thought Gen 1's had that also and it had something to do with the rain sensor...As mine is broke anyway I never got to try them out.

I think the rain sensor is something completely different... it doesn't matter how fast you go, but rather how much rain is on the windshield. To be honest, I've never even used the intermittent wipers because the sensor works so well...

Scoopie does that; Tigger should do it, 2. Whenever my wipers are going and I stop for a light/traffic, they slow down. Same occurs when in intermittent mode; even the rear wiper slows down in intermittent mode! Can't believe u hadn't noticed that on Tigger! Unless, there's a difference between the hardtop & cabrio ... ?

I have never noticed Tigger do this.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I think the rain sensor is something completely different... it doesn't matter how fast you go, but rather how much rain is on the windshield. To be honest, I've never even used the intermittent wipers because the sensor works so well...

OK! That's it, Tigger's must be broken and I didn't know it because I didn't know this feature existed until I saw Max do it.

Once he gets back from Uncle Dale I'm calling David at Passport

Tggrrr010.jpg

When u get Tigger back..look behing ur rear view mirror and see if there is a little black block mounted to the windshield..If there is one then u have the rain sensor...I pulled mine off and looked at it..a resistor has poped off and I had my guys here at work repair the damaged board..we will see if it did the job...it also has some of the poorest soldering on a board ive ever seen. Must have been made beofre a long holiday weeknd...lol

OK! That's it, Tigger's must be broken and I didn't know it because I didn't know this feature existed until I saw Max do it.

Once he gets back from Uncle Dale I'm calling David at Passport

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

When u get Tigger back..look behing ur rear view mirror and see if there is a little black block mounted to the windshield..If there is one then u have the rain sensor...I pulled mine off and looked at it..a resistor has poped off and I had my guys here at work repair the damaged board..we will see if it did the job...it also has some of the poorest soldering on a board ive ever seen. Must have been made beofre a long holiday weeknd...lol

Thanks Nick, I'll look when I get him back

Tggrrr010.jpg

I am driving Max this week while Tigger gets his makeover and Mark is away on business. I guess I have never driven him in the rain as it took me a while to figure out how to turn on the windshield washers.

Look they're going fast, ooh now slow, ooh fast again... Amusing me during rush hour traffic

1st Gen MINIs came with two wiper options - standard or auto. As mentioned by Nick & Michael above, you can easily tell if your MINI has the rain sensing wipers if your windshield has a bluish/purplish square in the center of the windshield at the top (right in front of the rear view mirror).

I think it is one of the best options available on a MINI - I love having it on mine. Unfortunately, I don't think it's easy/reasonable to retrofit if your MINI doesn't have the feature.

The one downside to this feature though is that the replacement windshields are more expensive than the "standard" ones.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

1st Gen MINIs came with two wiper options - standard or auto. As mentioned by Nick & Michael above, you can easily tell if your MINI has the rain sensing wipers if your windshield has a bluish/purplish square in the center of the windshield at the top (right in front of the rear view mirror).

I think it is one of the best options available on a MINI - I love having it on mine. Unfortunately, I don't think it's easy/reasonable to retrofit if your MINI doesn't have the feature.

The one downside to this feature though is that the replacement windshields are more expensive than the "standard" ones.

If it's in the windshield and I had it, it's probably gone after replacing the windshield a few years ago :frown:

Tggrrr010.jpg

If it's in the windshield and I had it, it's probably gone after replacing the windshield a few years ago :frown:
There are other ways to tell. I'll take a look when I next see him. :smile:

Side note - I don't suppose you have one of the original build sheets for Tigger? Every new MINI came with 2 copies (at least with the 1st Gens). I realize you bought Tigger used, but I thought that maybe the original owners had left one or both of the build sheets in the glove box.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

There are other ways to tell. I'll take a look when I next see him. :smile:

Side note - I don't suppose you have one of the original build sheets for Tigger? Every new MINI came with 2 copies (at least with the 1st Gens). I realize you bought Tigger used, but I thought that maybe the original owners had left one or both of the build sheets in the glove box.

no original build sheet, he only came with half an owners manual too.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Standard on our '12, or at least comes with the HK stereo. It's adjustable through the menu, but not dramatic. Guess I need to drive faster.

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...

simple mind, simple pleasure :wink:

I remember when I first drove Johnny in the rain and discovered this! I was telling everyone at work about it :) I also love how you don't have to keep flipping the turn signals off and on when you're just switching lanes...I have mine set at 3 flashes. I know they are little things but they are still pretty cool!

CHILLIN001.jpg

I remember when I first drove Johnny in the rain and discovered this! I was telling everyone at work about it :) I also love how you don't have to keep flipping the turn signals off and on when you're just switching lanes...I have mine set at 3 flashes. I know they are little things but they are still pretty cool!

I love the 3 flash thing! I forget that not all cars have that if I drive a different one, though.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Max does the turn signals too. I've been calling him Magical Max the Wonder MINI.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Johnny has so many more options than the Subie! I'm still discovering new ones after having him 7 months. This morning I got the warning bell with the snowflake icon. I was like "what's wrong?!" Guess it was set to remind me that it was 37 degrees outside :laugh:

Max just did the snowflake on the way home too. I got all excited.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Max just did the snowflake on the way home too. I got all excited.

It's amazing how much technology BMW filters down into our cars. My mom has a 2003 330i and her car was the first I'd ever driven with adaptable windshield wipers and a tone to let you know snow was possible. Sure, my car is 8 years younger than hers, but the Bimmer was $46k new. I dunno about you guys, but I didn't pay almost 50 large for Hannibal and my car is faster and just as technologically advanced!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...I have mine set at 3 flashes. I know they are little things but they are still pretty cool!

I tried that, decided that 3 was too few to be useful, so I reset it back to 1. One too many things different than our other vehicles.

The push-start/push-stop functionality for windows & turn signals is good once one gets used to it, but wish it extended to high beams.

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...

On the first gen it is the convenience package that does all this things, like opening windows and roof with a third click on the key. Has anyone discovered the parking light???? At night when you turn off the car push your turn signal lever and when u close the door the back and front driving light turns one, depending side you pushed. This helps so that the cars that are coming can see you on the street.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] MR EZ; 06 MCS HB/HB, Sport, Conv, Cold, Areo Kit, Rack, JCW wing, rear fog and lots of nice stickers