TGGRRR (Ali)

4th Annual MINIs Take The Beltway - The Drive

All, I just found out that Red Cross MD doesn't take individual donations of goods.

However, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't bring a blanket on Sunday.

I will research my butt off to find out where I can take these blankets to make sure they reach those in need. Barring that, I'll take them to NY/NJ and hand them out myself. That's how strongly I feel about this. So please bring those blankets on Sunday!

Here is a link to the local radio station up there and they have a pile of links...hope this points u in the right direction.

http://www.elvisduran.com/pages/whatwetalkedabout.html?feed=136656&article=10561260

All, I just found out that Red Cross MD doesn't take individual donations of goods.

However, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't bring a blanket on Sunday.

I will research my butt off to find out where I can take these blankets to make sure they reach those in need. Barring that, I'll take them to NY/NJ and hand them out myself. That's how strongly I feel about this. So please bring those blankets on Sunday!

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Katie, one of my girlfriends is a Marine Reservist who lives in either Statten Island or Long Island. I think she might be coming down this weekend for the Marine Corps Ball, if she does I know her unit was taking donated goods.

I saw on the news that Staten Island really needs underwear, esp for kids

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, please update your RSVPs for our brunch/lunch (click here to see that thread) on Sunday. I just gave the current count to Kilroy's. The good news is we still have enough room in the patio/party room in the back (80-90), but they said the overflow can sit inside the main restaurant.

I have great news, Kilroy's has agreed to give back 15% of the receipt sales (excluding alcohol) to our beneficiary “Operation Second Chance” as long as we collect the receipts. I’ll bring a box to collect your receipts at the restaurant.

Signature.JPG

After searching the web literally all morning, I found a place to take the blankets. A local business in Stevensville on Kent Island is collecting goods and trucking them up to NY/NJ. I will take any collected blankets over there on Monday.

Thanks for the info. Perhaps some of you could make donations on your own, using the resources you cited. Lord knows what we'll manage to collect will be a tiny drop in the vast bucket of need. I plan on going through drawers and closets today, and adding any warm clothing I don't need anymore to the donation.

Thanks again :smile:

After searching the web literally all morning, I found a place to take the blankets. A local business in Stevensville on Kent Island is collecting goods and trucking them up to NY/NJ. I will take any collected blankets over there on Monday.

Thanks for the info. Perhaps some of you could make donations on your own, using the resources you cited. Lord knows what we'll manage to collect will be a tiny drop in the vast bucket of need. I plan on going through drawers and closets today, and adding any warm clothing I don't need anymore to the donation.

Thanks again :smile:

I saw on the news that they are inundated with sweaters and coats and warm clothing. they were literally screaming for underwear. But again, that was just Staten Island on that story.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I saw on the news that they are inundated with sweaters and coats and warm clothing. they were literally screaming for underwear. But again, that was just Staten Island on that story.

As a Staten Islander, born and raised and going back 7 generations, I want to thank everyone for thinking about Staten Island and the NY and NJ area. Staten Island is about the size of DC and really got punched. My high school is less than a mile from the impacted areas facing the Atlantic and some of my relatives (not in the flooded areas) still don't have power from the first storm (Sandy). And my parents got their power back after 4 days only to loose it with the nor'eastern this week. I have been trying to convince them to come down here but we Irish are a proud and stubborn lot. Thanks again! :congrats:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Ladies and Gentlemen, please update your RSVPs for our brunch/lunch (click here to see that thread) on Sunday. I just gave the current count to Kilroy's. The good news is we still have enough room in the patio/party room in the back (80-90), but they said the overflow can sit inside the main restaurant.

I have great news, Kilroy's has agreed to give back 15% of the receipt sales (excluding alcohol) to our beneficiary “Operation Second Chance” as long as we collect the receipts. I’ll bring a box to collect your receipts at the restaurant.

That's righteous!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I don't have a 2 way radio. Is this a problem?

This is not a problem. We are not doing a run through the wilderness with a bunch of twisties. Well, there is the on ramp and then there is that part between Georgia Ave. and 270 (below the Mormon Temple)....

Sometimes people will have an extra that they are willing to loan out (since the the 2-ways usually come in sets), just make sure you return it to the owner when you get to the end of the run (lunch).

Not having a 2-way only means that you are not hearing the conversations and comments... about why we had to stop or pull over to the side of the road, who we are waiting for, that &%@ SUV messing up the photo-op by breaking in our line, the minivan "with an obnoxious amount of stick people on the back window", the %)@$# farm combine going 3 mph ahead of us, Marco.... Polo, etc. They do add to the fun and experience but are not required.

This is not a problem. We are not doing a run through the wilderness with a bunch of twisties. Well, there is the on ramp and then there is that part between Georgia Ave. and 270 (below the Mormon Temple)....

Sometimes people will have an extra that they are willing to loan out (since the the 2-ways usually come in sets), just make sure you return it to the owner when you get to the end of the run (lunch).

Not having a 2-way only means that you are not hearing the conversations and comments... about why we had to stop or pull over to the side of the road, who we are waiting for, that &%@ SUV messing up the photo-op by breaking in our line, the minivan "with an obnoxious amount of stick people on the back window", the %)@$# farm combine going 3 mph ahead of us, Marco.... Polo, etc. They do add to the fun and experience but are not required.

Bert

Don't forget the calls about road kill, wildlife sightings, cows, bikers and potholes. The occasional sound of total static leaving you wondering "Was that important?"

Tggrrr010.jpg

Bert

Don't forget the calls about road kill, wildlife sightings, cows, bikers and potholes. The occasional sound of total static leaving you wondering "Was that important?"

On the Beltway...

road kill - check

wildlife sightings - check

cows - you never know

bikers - check (hopefully no bicyclists thought)

potholes - with all the constructions... definitely

tanks and other military vehicles on and off flatbeds - check

space craft sightings - there was this strange shape on a flatbed this past year.

oversized trucks being passed by a line of "mean" MINIs - hopefully not on a Sunday morning.

LEOs - yes

Waving fans taking pictures from overpasses... hopefully a few if I can convince them to get their sorry ..... out of bed.

Ooooh!! I want one. I can't seem to locate any in real-live stores, have to get them online, and now I've obviously waited too long. If anybody is feeling generous tomorrow, I'd love to borrow one, just name your collateral. :) I'll be the head-scratching lost-looking n00b in a month-old PW/B S coupe. I also have USMS (US Masters Swimming group) license plates.

Ooooh!! I want one. I can't seem to locate any in real-live stores, have to get them online, and now I've obviously waited too long. If anybody is feeling generous tomorrow, I'd love to borrow one, just name your collateral. :) I'll be the head-scratching lost-looking n00b in a month-old PW/B S coupe. I also have USMS (US Masters Swimming group) license plates.

I am organizing so not doing the run. I'll bring some for people to borrow. Just look for the Hot Orange cabrio with writing all over it. and graffiti flames, I can be hard to miss I know. I will be parked at Passport because I'm transporting tables for registration.

Tggrrr010.jpg

er. said:
Ooooh!! I want one. I can't seem to locate any in real-live stores, have to get them online, and now I've obviously waited too long.

You can find a limited selection at Best Busy but the best selection and prices are online. There have been a number of discussion here. You can search radio or 2-way and here is a recent posting by Edge...

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/2241-2-way-radio-wsub-channels/?do=findComment&comment=27240

On the Beltway...

road kill - check

wildlife sightings - check

cows - you never know

bikers - check (hopefully no bicyclists thought)

potholes - with all the constructions... definitely

tanks and other military vehicles on and off flatbeds - check

space craft sightings - there was this strange shape on a flatbed this past year.

oversized trucks being passed by a line of "mean" MINIs - hopefully not on a Sunday morning.

LEOs - yes

Waving fans taking pictures from overpasses... hopefully a few if I can convince them to get their sorry ..... out of bed.

you forgot fine british car parts :top: i would like to apologize ahead of time to anyone whos behind me for any parts that may stray from my car :tomato::dontknow:

you forgot fine british car parts :top: i would like to apologize ahead of time to anyone whos behind me for any parts that may stray from my car :tomato::dontknow:

So you are bringing the Ducky and not STKRS?

I was thinking. You call the yellow Mini the Ugly Duck. Since we are in the DC area you could call it the Lame Duck. :biggrin: