TGGRRR (Ali)

4th Annual MINIs Take The Beltway - The Drive

Who is doing the shirts so we have an idea of what the v-neck or sweatshirts will look like?

We always use the same vendor. The T-shirts will be like the ones that we always sell. The v-neck is not a deep V and I think that it's the first time we're trying sweatshirts

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Just wondering and sorry if it has already been asked...but what it the route we are taking...any route sheets???

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

This year Mike will be leading the run. He really stepped up as it's his first Beltway run and he's leading it, but we're pretty sure he won't get the group lost. Haemish has led the run the last 3 years and done a fabulous job. Thank you Haemish!!!

This year he was willing to lead again but really wanted a Veteran or active duty service member to lead. Mike is active duty Army (I got that right I think) and is excited to lead the group.

Ali

Thanks for the spotlight Ali :ahhhhh:.

I am excited to lead and hopefully I get it right. You're also right, I am Active Duty Army.

How difficult will it be getting on to the street with that size group from Passport of Alexandria?

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Thanks for the photos from the veterans who've sent them to me so far. I hope they keep coming! :top:

I'm going to try and get the photo to you by the end of tomorrow, I just got back in from California.

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Thanks for the spotlight Ali :ahhhhh:.

I am excited to lead and hopefully I get it right. You're also right, I am Active Duty Army.

How difficult will it be getting on to the street with that size group from Passport of Alexandria?

We're going to have to work something out with leaders between the pack. The group will get broken up, but no one should get lost.

The main part of the run sheet will be where to exit and how to get to the restaurant. So we'll need to provide them to all participants.

Tggrrr010.jpg

If people want to donate to this do they just make a check out to Operation Second Chance? I will bring the checks to the event.

What ever is easier for you. You can pay the club and we'll be making a big check, you can write a check out to the charity (which helps for the tax donation) or you can pay in cash, in which case we'll include that in the big check from the club.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

LAST CALL.... ALL DCMM MILITARY SERVICE MEMBERS & VETERANS

I'm going to work on something special to recognize all the service members and veterans for the MTTB since it falls on Veterans Day.

If you're interested in being a part of this, all I need to know is what your rank/branch is/was. I'd also like to include photos of our service members in uniform. If you're interested, please send me the photo to my email. catalina.rivera2@gmail.com.

Don't have a picture? That's ok, just tell me your rank/branch and you'll be included too.

I would like to have all submissions by Thur Nov 8th. Thanks!

Signature.JPG

UPDATE!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend/lead the MTTB this year because I have been tasked out by my Unit to be apart of the Veteran's Day Ceremony this Sunday. I would try and make it but the ceremony timeline is from 0330-1300 on Sunday.

I know it's last minute, but I'm posting on here to ask and see if any Active/Reserve duty, or Veteran's would be willing to take my place. I'm not happy that I have to miss my first MTTB, but duty calls.:laugh:

If anyone is interested in taking my place please contact Haemish(username: Edge) and he will be able to give you information.

I would be willing to take your place but im not familiar with the run/route and wont have a co-pilot to assist..Sorry to hear about ur last min. duty.....Been there done that way too many times....:frown:

I would be willing to take your place but im not familiar with the run/route and wont have a co-pilot to assist..Sorry to hear about ur last min. duty.....Been there done that way too many times....:frown:

You can still do it Haemish was supposed to meet with me this Saturday to show me the route.

UPDATE!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend/lead the MTTB this year because I have been tasked out by my Unit to be apart of the Veteran's Day Ceremony this Sunday. I would try and make it but the ceremony timeline is from 0330-1300 on Sunday.

I know it's last minute, but I'm posting on here to ask and see if any Active/Reserve duty, or Veteran's would be willing to take my place. I'm not happy that I have to miss my first MTTB, but duty calls.:laugh:

If anyone is interested in taking my place please contact Haemish(username: Edge) and he will be able to give you information.

You can still do it Haemish was supposed to meet with me this Saturday to show me the route.
Yeah, a real bummer... but I totally respect your reason for having to back out, Mike!

Nick - if you have time on Saturday and you're willing to drive in twice this weekend (once for the practice run, again for the actual event on Sunday), I'll be happy to do a practice run with you of the whole thing.

I can always lead if need be, but I really would prefer that an actual military vet (whether active or retired) leads. It just seems much more appropriate, as I have never served in the military. Working for a defense contractor really doesn't count. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Marines lead, what can I say? :-P

Umm...haha

I don't like having to back out last minute, I was really looking forward to the run and I bought the shirt! :banghead:

I have an extra GoPro with the tow hook mount if anyone wants to use it for the run, let me know.

They lead but had to get there some how.....:rofl:......Since you know the area and because I cant make it out there on Sat also...you go right for it Cat...I just got my Iraqi Freedom badge in today for Ender so im all ready for Sun.

I just spoke to Geno who is willing to lead on Sunday and can meet up with Haemish on Saturday. Marines lead, what can I say? :-P

Nick you wrote first so you can do it if you'd still like.

@Ali, I can still sweep if you'd like me to.

Since Mike was Army and we have leaders within the run representing the various forces, Greg Trnka has agreed to sweep. He's retired Army and is honored and happy to help.

Geno is leading (Marines)

middle leaders are

Quitta (Navy)

Sherm (Air Force)

Sweeper is Greg (Army)

I'm really looking forward to Sunday!

Tggrrr010.jpg

All,

Although this event is for veterans, I have have asked for and gotten permission to expand the scope of this charity event.

I am asking all attendees to bring a blanket to this event. New, old (but clean), wool, synthetic..it doesn't matter. And in this case, size doesn't matter...single, double, queen, etc.

I will collect the blankets and take them to the local Red Cross for shipment up north. The daily pictures of what the folks in NY and NJ are heart wrenching. I grew up going to the Jersey shore every summer and the community we used to go to has been destroyed. It hits close to home.

I hope to collect a lot of blankets. I would have made this a food drive, but these people have no means of heating food, so blankets seemed to be the next best thing.

Thanks in advance.

All,

Although this event is for veterans, I have have asked for and gotten permission to expand the scope of this charity event.

I am asking all attendees to bring a blanket to this event. New, old (but clean), wool, synthetic..it doesn't matter. And in this case, size doesn't matter...single, double, queen, etc.

I will collect the blankets and take them to the local Red Cross for shipment up north. The daily pictures of what the folks in NY and NJ are heart wrenching. I grew up going to the Jersey shore every summer and the community we used to go to has been destroyed. It hits close to home.

I hope to collect a lot of blankets. I would have made this a food drive, but these people have no means of heating food, so blankets seemed to be the next best thing.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for doing this Katy. Would sheets be OK too, or do they just need blankets?

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thank you for doing this Katy. Would sheets be OK too, or do they just need blankets?

Ali

Not sure about the sheets as they may have no beds to put them on. Blankets are warmer...Oh and no electric blankets please..these folks don't have power.

Edited by kgdblu

Latest weather update, Just beautiful driving weather.

• Veterans Day Sunny, with a high near 68. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.