TGGRRR (Ali)

Clear bra install

He knows he has to wait 3 weeks after the paint, but he wants to line up a place to do it.

The wait has him freaked out since the Fall Colors run will be part of that wait period. I bet you won't see Max tailgating on anyone that weekend.

I have a guy that's going to install the clear bra on Tigger, but he's also painting on the new flames. I can ask him if he'll also do Max, but it sounded like he really hates dealing with them. He had me buy the kit so he doesn't have to cut anything out and said he'll just apply it.

Plus he's in Fredericksburg, so Mark was hoping for someone closer.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Maybe Haemish can talk to him about the many wonderful uses of Plasti-Dip? He seems to have a "thing" for it these days.

Oh snap, Craig went there...:hahaha:

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

IT WASN'T ME THIS TIME!!!! :tomato:

Maybe Haemish can talk to him about the many wonderful uses of Plasti-Dip? He seems to have a "thing" for it these days.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh snap, Craig went there...:hahaha:
Craig LIVES there
IT WASN'T ME THIS TIME!!!! :tomato:
:banghead:

:angel:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

For the run he could also just tape the bonnet up with masking tape

But in the meantime he does still need to find an installer for the clear bra. I'll ask Passport, but I know they'll be top dollar.

Did you consider installing the bra yourself?

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

:banghead:

:angel:

It looks like that second guy is peeling Plasti-Dip off his behind or something...

You are right Ali, installing the clear bra is a job for a professional. Not sure if you guys remember but the original install on Merlin went back twice to be corrected and after the little "fender bender", it went back two more times. Best to let the pro's do that since it's on them to correct mistakes.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

If you ordered a couple cans of plasti-dip I would be more than glad to help with covering the front of ur mini....Its not that hard and far cheaper than most alternatives and with enough coats should come off in one pull

We're not that crafty, those things are hard.

I'd imagine its less intrusive to the paint as it does not have any adhesives and wont "attach" to the clear coat and paint...

Max got his clear bra today and looks great. We found a guy in Fairfax that did it quickly and used Invisalign. He also installs 3M but said there have been issues in the past with it going yellow on silver and white cars.

He charged him $550 and it has a full warranty. Plus, he was just a really nice guy and easy to work with. We'd recommend him.

Randy Coffey

http://www.DetailAuthority.com

703-978-7800

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Kewl! I just emailed them about paint/bra/detailing. They have a shop in Herndon, which would be gr8 if I could just drop Scoopie off one morning & pick her up after work! :top:

Max got his clear bra today and looks great. We found a guy in Fairfax that did it quickly and used Invisalign. He also installs 3M but said there have been issues in the past with it going yellow on silver and white cars.

He charged him $550 and it has a full warranty. Plus, he was just a really nice guy and easy to work with. We'd recommend him.

Randy Coffey

www.DetailAuthority.com

703-978-7800

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi