smoke789

"The Bull Run" to Manassas Battlefield

Meet at Starbucks - 45 minute drive with twisties - Finish at Manassas National Battlefield

Do you have Labor Day off? Do the kids? It's going to be a long, beautiful weekend! How about a little time with friends, cars, twisties and history?

Gathering Time: 9:30 am

Gathering Place: Starbucks @ 8971 Ox Road, Lorton, VA

In the “Shoppes of Lorton Valley” Plaza

Depart the parking lot at 10:30.

We’ll drive down Hampton Road, through Historic Clifton, VA, skirting Bull Run Regional park before arriving at our historic destination: Manassas National Battlefield

Manassas National Battlefield

6511 Sudley Road Manassas, Virginia 20109

http://www.nps.gov/mana/index.htm

Entrance Fees

Manassas National Battlefield Park is a fee site. Please pay your fee at the Henry Hill Visitor Center.

$3.00 per person (16 years or older) - good for 3 Days.

Children under 16 - FREE.

$20.00 - Manassas Annual Pass.

$80.00 - Interagency Annual Pass.

Park accepts cash, check or credit cards.

Fun little factoid about the park

During the war, the North generally named a battle after the closest river, stream or creek and the South tended to name battles after towns or railroad junctions. Hence the Confederate name Manassas after Manassas Junction and the Union name Bull Run for the stream Bull Run.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Another fun fact about the park. I am not sure you actually have to pay, I believe it's a donation. I have been to the park many times and done the walk around and such.

Also, it's nearly my back yard.

Other fun places to eat nearby are the Logan's Road house, Hard Times cafe, TGI Fridays, Unos. And there is a Hershey's Ice Cream place nearby as well.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

Is the gathering place the same place we met for the frog yogurt run down to the railroad museum?

Yes Sir, it is!

There's a Starbucks, the Sweet Frog (frozen yogurt), a Five Guys, Quiznos and a few other places at the meeting point.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

How about Pizzaria Uno's

10701 Bulloch Drive

Manassas, VA 20109-2237

They have Gluten free pizza and give a military / veterans discount too

This is a great location! I just test drove the route and was happy to discover UNOs is about .3 miles down the road from the Battlefield's visitor center.

This is a great location! I just test drove the route and was happy to discover UNOs is about .3 miles down the road from the Battlefield's visitor center.

Woo Hoo I love Uno's. :eating::eating::eating: The Google found it, the Google knows all :adore:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Woo Hoo I love Uno's. :eating::eating::eating: The Google found it, the Google knows all :adore:

You know, I live walking distance from there. One of the reasons I have to do this run. It's essentially driving home for me (:

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

FYI - the annual Clifton Labor Day car show is Monday - Clifton Road will be closed thru town. It's a great event with lots of cars, music and food.

Here is the link -http://fairfaxstation.patch.com/articles/clifton-labor-day-car-show-benefits-charities - hope it doesn't interrupt your route - or maybe it could be a stop on the way!

Mike - thanks for the heads up! We'll have to find a slight diversion to the route.

Steve - Yep, I'll bring the GP's and see if I can get a better, vibration free mount.

We are planning on going rain or shine so umbrellas are already in the car. We will of course adjust the driving "excitement level" to account for the weather.

I found the answer on Facebook :biggrin: "Rain or Shine, we are driving!" :motor:

I checked the weather forecast and looks like they are guessing :rofl: that it will not rain til the afternoon.

+1

+1

Really did not think you would be the first to notice!

I asked a friend from the shelter if she would like to get out of the house for the day. I talk enough about you all and I figured I would let her hang out with us.

She lives on the shelter's property, so even on her days off she does not get away and she needs to.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Really did not think you would be the first to notice!

I asked a friend from the shelter if she would like to get out of the house for the day. I talk enough about you all and I figured I would let her hang out with us.

She lives on the shelter's property, so even on her days off she does not get away and she needs to.

:top:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL"