smoke789

"The Bull Run" to Manassas Battlefield

Thank you everyone that came out today! The drive was great; to include the unexpected tour through the Giant parking lot. Even the weather was perfect. The Manassas National Battlefield staff gave us free entry (minus Mike).

Then Wizzer suggested a great photo op at the "Brick House". Gute Fahrt Found out how far friends will go to make sure he gets into a photo! (Hope he feels better in time for the Pumpkin Run.). ...can NOT wait to see the pics...

Lunch at UNOs was very enjoyable. Good company; good conversation! Again, Thank You to everyone who came out. Mom enjoyed meeting everyone and experiencing a terrific MINI adventure.

Thanks to Craig & Lona and ALL the crew!!!!

Once again (as always) Robin and I had an absolutely wonderful time (except for fighting the traffic back from Warrenton. :motor: We hit CR 600 and ran up 55 to avoid Gainesville) Looking forward to many more drives to come.

Thanks again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had a blast and I think Lisa appreciated getting away from the kennel on her day off. She enjoyed everyone's company. :top:

Gute Fahrt is safe in the garage and I actually got the clutch pedal to work after pumping it up a few times. Definitely think it is the master cylinder, which is about $85 and looks pretty easy to replace.

And a very big THANK YOU to Laura for helping me with her AAA towing :biggrin:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

I had a blast and I think Lisa appreciated getting away from the kennel on her day off. She enjoyed everyone's company. :top:

Gute Fahrt is safe in the garage and I actually got the clutch pedal to work after pumping it up a few times. Definitely think it is the master cylinder, which is about $85 and looks pretty easy to replace.

And a very big THANK YOU to Laura for helping me with her AAA towing :biggrin:

After the flat tire on the Fall Color's run two years ago, running out of gas on the way home from the Dragon this year and then today, I think we are all going to take up a collection and buy you at AAA membership!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

After the flat tire on the Fall Color's run two years ago, running out of gas on the way home from the Dragon this year and then today, I think we are all going to take up a collection and buy you at AAA membership!

Great picture!!!

I'll pledge $5 towards his AAA membership

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Here's one of the panoramic photo's that I shot today. Amazingly enough, all of the other cars in the parking lot seem to have not shown up in this image. Ahhhh, the wonders of Photoshop. See, the past 18 months of photography classes are starting to pay off!

Had a great time everyone, thank so much for coming out for today's run.

If anyone is interested, I can put the much, much larger version of this image on my Flickr site.

Here's one of the panoramic photo's that I shot today. Amazingly enough, all of the other cars in the parking lot seem to have not shown up in this image. Ahhhh, the wonders of Photoshop. See, the past 18 months of photography classes are starting to pay off!

If anyone is interested, I can put the much, much larger version of this image on my Flickr site.

That's awesome and I like it with the people and the cars together

Tggrrr010.jpg

Larger version please...........:smile:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Larger version please...........:smile:

Yes I also need a larger version...Thank you!

I also had a great time today. Not going to lie, I felt like we were headed to pull off a heist...:motor:

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Great run. Thanks to everyone for setting it up, coordinating it, and attending. The weather was very agreeable but I'm sorry that I had to leave not long after getting to Bull Run (I'm from the North so I'll call it that) and I missed all the excitement. I'll chip in $5 towards AAA if it helps. :wink:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

You know, from that photo it does look as if you all are up to no good. Everyone has sunglasses on and you are looking around. :vroom:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

We really are sorry about the trip through the outskirts of town today but when we found out about the road closure in Clifton, we had to find another route. We'll do this again and keep all of the run roads in it. You are right Ali, little runs like this, 20 miles or so really can be fun.

Here's the link to the full-size panoramic. I don't recommend trying to print it out this size, it's about 90 inches wide and 12 inches tall. It's only 22MB to download!

You know, from that photo it does look as if you all are up to no good. Everyone has sunglasses on and you are looking around. :vroom:

Oh no! Now that's an idea!

I actually have an idea for a really unique "panoramic image. I'd like to get enough MINIs together to pull them into a very, very tight circle (literally bumper to bumper) and then, sit in the middle on my little garage stool and just spin around to get the circle of cars with a really wide angle lens. I think that would make an awesome panoramic and if we did it in a parking garage, I have enough gel filters that each car could get a complimentary colored strobe light...

I actually have an idea for a really unique "panoramic image. I'd like to get enough MINIs together to pull them into a very, very tight circle (literally bumper to bumper) and then, sit in the middle on my little garage stool and just spin around to get the circle of cars with a really wide angle lens. I think that would make an awesome panoramic and if we did it in a parking garage, I have enough gel filters that each car could get a complimentary colored strobe light...

Let's do it!!!!

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm sorry I missed the run today - looks like it was a smashing success! I was happy I was able to have a relaxed morning and then I was able to crank through the stuff at my office too (nothing exciting - a big cleanout).

The panoramic idea sounds great, Craig! I'll be happy to participate if you still need people. :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Craig,

Sign me up for one of the participants of your panoramic photo idea. I'm always game for great photos!

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

I can get us access to a gated parking garage on a Saturday or Sunday......they usually have an empty above deck as well (especially on Sunday).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]