Audiophile

A new R59!

Hi all, just bought a new Roadster Cooper S a few weeks ago and loving it. :rock: Performs better than the car I was looking at getting (TT Roadster) and about $5K less. :biggrin: Hope to see you guys around town... I will wave back, unless I am downshifting to get away from the slow cars! :motor:

2012 Cooper S Roadster - H/K sound and bum warmers :)

Obsessive (John aka Celia's Dad) was the first Roadster. :)

Well damn, guess I need to pay attention more. Well, the more the Merrier!

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

Thanks all, yes I will be joining. I will have to take a look at the events forum for the meet and greet! Hope to see another Roadster there; I don't see many MINIs in Manassas. There is one blue R58 down the street from my house that my MA sold. :wavey: These cars are too much fun... while not a JCW, I get the same giggle as Clarkson does at 2:12 in this video every day. :rock:

http://youtu.be/5L3o5NP_lV4

I know of a few Manassas MINI's (: Mine being one of them. Sudley area!

Looks like this:

DSC_0136_595.jpg

Speaking of which......Got any Pics of yours? And beating Ali to the punch...Did you name it?

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

I know of a few Manassas MINI's (: Mine being one of them. Sudley area!

Looks like this:

DSC_0136_595.jpg

Speaking of which......Got any Pics of yours? And beating Ali to the punch...Did you name it?

GRRRR Steve!!! I was just about to ask.

MINIs like having a name.

I mean, welcome to the club. I do hope we get to meet you and your awesome roadster soon. I love the color White Silver, it's one of my favorites.

So, did you name it?

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

My favorite Roadster ads:
...you mean Coupé ads. They are good ones though! :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

What rocket scientist decided to put two bearded guys in a roadster and make a commercial out of it? You are right man, those commercials were pretty weak.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

What rocket scientist decided to put two bearded guys in a roadster and make a commercial out of it? You are right man, those commercials were pretty weak.

Exactly. :stupid: The video does show off the excellent handling and throaty exhaust note of the R59. :biggrin: Thanks for the videos though, the first one with the red R58 reminds me of me and my fiance driving :motor: No name yet, and now I know where all the cool MINIs are, Sudley road. :top:

More exhaust note goodness... sport mode it pops and bangs too. Do the HT Ss have a sport button too?

More exhaust note goodness... sport mode it pops and bangs too. Do the HT Ss have a sport button too?

All 2nd Gen MINIs have a Sport button. The 1st Gens don't, but as I like to say... that's because they are ALWAYS in sport mode! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

I haven't gotten through my manual, but since you brought it up, what does the Sport Button do??

I can't say technically what's happening but I like that it makes the steering feel heavier. I use it all the time when I drive Mark's JCW. The first time I hit it, I was scared. Thought something dramatic would happen

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

from what i remember the sport button makes the steering more responsive, the throttle and i think suspension. but i could be wrong. someone with a 2 gen can say more

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Well, I've got a wee bit of a drive for the M&G on Saturday. I'll press the button and see what happens. As I'm cutting through Rock Creek from downtown SS and then onto 395 I'll have two different road types to test it on to see if there is any real difference.

P.S. - SORRY! Didn't mean to thread-jack. Back to our regularly scheduled program :)

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

There are two primary impacts of the Sport button, as I understand it:

• Steering response
  • Throttle response

...the MINI's suspension is not electronic, so the handling is not directly affected, although it may feel that way with the change in steering response.