nharrison21

New MINI Owner in Charlottesville, VA

So First off hello to all. Im a First time owner of a Mini (Ive been a fan of VW til now (Let the flogging begin)). I use to really going to car shows and maybe even entering here and there, but a marriage and little one changed that. So here I am a few years later looking to get back into the swing of things. I needed some type of daily commuter and didnt see any other car that had the styling and mpg of a mini.

I just purchased an 04 MC Basic, Black body w/ White top. It had three previous owners, all the rims have been curb checked, so those will be replaced eventually. First things im doing to it are Getting floor mats and installing an arm rest. Then it will be probably adding window tint to the back and rear sides than some type of stripe.

I will be looking to get together with some other Mini owners for rides or get together in the Charlottesville, Va area. I just wanted to introduce my self for the time being until I figure out exactly what im looking to do to make this mini mine. I will be lurking around here on a daily basis to get the hang of things and see what I can learn. Again thx to all and best of driving.

Thx

Nick

Edited by Edge
Brought post into compliance with site rules

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Welcome to the DCMM forums! Nothing wrong with VWs... German engineering rocks! :rock:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Welcome to the Forums Nick! Yep, no VW bashing here - I drove an 05 Turbo Beetle before the MINI and kept if for a while afterward. Great car but it just couldn't hold a candle to the MINI.

Sounds like you have a plan in front of you for the car and I'm betting you have about one more hour (or so) to figure out a name for it or Ali (Tgggrr) will be be offering up options...

It's a little bit of a trip but if you have free time on the weekends, we are doing a club dinner up in Fairfax this Sunday and if you hit the DCMM FB page, there should be links to an upcoming event over in Yorktown/Jamestown on the 24th. It's called "MINIs on the Ferry" and it's put together by the great crowd down at HR MINI. There could be upwards of 40-50 MINI's at that event.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

First things im doing to it are Getting floor mats and installing an arm rest.

Nick

welcome welcome to the club hope to meet you soon. great thinking about the floor mats that was one of the first things i did because i HATE the carpet ones they give. mine got destroyed in a mater of like 3 weeks:rofl::biggrin::biggrin:

but welcome to the club the others are all great people and helpful.

minime331

chris

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

I finally got some pick of my mini to share. So for starters I present....

WMWRC33454TJ56387_3-1.jpgWMWRC33454TJ56387_11.jpg

@Bert, VioletDC, Edge

Thx for the Welcome

@TGGRRR

No Name yet I havent got that far

@minime331

Yeah mine had no mats so I got a pair from target that go well with the car

@maacodale

Will definitely have to check out that website, thx for the info

@cmcveay

A Name??? Nope nothing comes to mind yet. Although Im a bit of a Nerd/Cpu Geek so It will have to be something in that field to fit the driver :}

Well thx for the invite, will probably not be able to make those on short notice but I will be keeping a ear to the road to meet up in the future, BTW, Is there any plans to do a Skyline Drive run this summer??

Hey Nick!

We all get them from another member who does an awesome job! Just PM Cooperation w/a description of your MINI, what other things (badges, etc.) u'd like, and I'm sure he'll be happy 2 do 1 4 u! He's soooo talented ... we love him 2 death! :biggrin:

@Violet

Where did you get you signature??

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

@Violet

Ok..Will definitely send him an PM..But for the time being I found some stuff to create on and here is what Ive come up with using powerpoint. Now if ony I could figure out how to get it as a sig as pics are disabled??

Picture1.png

Hey, that looks gr8, Nick!

@Violet

Ok..Will definitely send him an PM..But for the time being I found some stuff to create on and here is what Ive come up with using powerpoint. Now if ony I could figure out how to get it as a sig as pics are disabled??

Picture1.png

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

Hey Nick!

......Just PM Cooperation w/a description .......

@Violet

I tried to PM him but it says he doesn't exist???

Picture1.png