OK, now that I've started down the slippery slope of modding with the pulley, the CAI is next. Do I go with the Alta, the M7/DDM, or the JCW?

Direct bolt on, no modification required, looks good, sounds really nice after 4.5k rpm.

JCW all the way. :D

I agree that the JCW is very good, and as a matter of fact, if you wanted to be really "Authentic", don't bother installing the flap that opens at 4.5K. John Cooper Garages installed a blanking plate where the actuator was on their official track cars. You used to be able to purchase them with this mod straight from John Cooper's website until BMW bought them out.

If you want to save a little money, the Dinan box which I have is very good and is made of the same material as the stock and JCW box which reduces the heating of inlet air that some of the other aftermarket boxes don't do.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

That's kind of what I like about it :top:

I liked it too. The first Mini I test drove had one and It was the sickness. Although I think at 7:30 on a cold Monday morning It would be a little too much. Totally worth it the rest of the time though...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like the rawness of the Alta. Nothing like the take-off click (throttle plate), fooop (of airflow) and if you keep going ... whiiiiinnnne. I've always enjoyed it. To each his/her own, I mean no disrespect to the other designs, nor to the lower intake temperatures of the JCW. Alta maintenance is a twice yearly clean, dry, oil and very manageable. It's fun, nuff said.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hear the JCW intake is pretty darn loud. So if you're driving a convertible, I would recommend staying away from it.

I'm about to put the WMW/DDM CAI in our MCS Convertible, getting installed by Way himself at MOTD. From those convertible owners I've heard from on NAM, it's raspy, offers a bit of added horses at 3500+ RPMs and isn't so loud that you have to put your sterio on "deafening" to hear your music.

:top:

So I finally had some good weather over the weekend to put the Alta on. The box itself was easy to install, but the tube was a bit of a struggle.

I love the whiiiine, but I could do without the whistle at partial-throttle. From what I've been able to piece together, the Detroit Tuned Bypass Valve will take care of this.

It really is a slippery slope, isn't it? :tongue:

I had the ALTA V. 2.0 but got tired of the constant loud whine even at low rpm's. I switched to the JCW.

'03 JB MCS- SOLD: JCW front bumper, intake, exhaust, brakes, CF dash, 15% pulley, Multifunction Steering Wheel retrofit, Euro white taillights, Factory Driving Lights, Wyvern Motorsports Rear Seat Delete, and more....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For exhaust I like the invidia which I am replacing my borla with. My brother is replacing the alta catback with my borla because he thinks it's too loud. Also this us coming from a jet aircraft mechanic. The alta spit fiberglass all over his car for 3 weeks when it was new. When you go to buy your exhuast I reccomend calling the companies direct and haggingly the price because I got the invidia for 600 shipped when it retails for 889.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]