TGGRRR (Ali)

Did ya hear my new exhaust?

:marshmellow::marshmellow:Tigger finally got the exhaust and he sounds awesome. I got a lightly used Magnaflow 16662 from a guy on NAM.

Craig and Brian installed it and they had so much fun I think they want to install exhausts on all of the Cabrios in the club!!! Ask them if you dare :banghead:

The sound is really aggressive and the tips are really tough looking. I can't post a picture from work, but I'll get some and post them. I could try a video from my phone, but not sure it will capture the sound properly. I drove home last night with total permagrin :biggrin:

:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

YAY!!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

We need some show and tell time!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Pops and burbles.... Nope, it's just allowing more exhaust noise. The real "Pops and burbles" is tuned into the ECU and then only in the JCW's. There was even a period of time when JCW's (2nd Gen) didn't have it because some consumers didn't like it. So far, Alta hasn't included it in their tunes from the access port and the last time I checked with Jan at RMW, he hadn't started putting it in either.

I'm just sayin...

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Pops and burbles.... Nope, it's just allowing more exhaust noise. The real "Pops and burbles" is tuned into the ECU and then only in the JCW's. There was even a period of time when JCW's (2nd Gen) didn't have it because some consumers didn't like it. So far, Alta hasn't included it in their tunes from the access port and the last time I checked with Jan at RMW, he hadn't started putting it in either.

I'm just sayin...

Yup, that's why I said it magnifies them.

So wait, if I do a Jan tune, do I lose my pops and burbles?

Tggrrr010.jpg

It can't magnify what it doesn't have - that's what I'm trying to say. You'd have to check with Jan to see if he's put that into his tunes. To be honest, there's not much motivation for him or Alta to put the time and research into that because it offers ZERO performance gain. If you really want that, keep in mind the cost to your gas mileage. The "Pops and Burbles" are created by dribbling fuel into the cylinder when off throttle. That means it just pushes the gasoline into the exhaust and it doesn't make the car "go".

Pops and burbles.... Nope, it's just allowing more exhaust noise.
It can't magnify what it doesn't have - that's what I'm trying to say.
Actually... the factory-tuned ECU-tuned pop and burble was first introduced with the tech refresh in the 2005 MINIs. Mine has it too. However, after many new MINI owners complained to the dealerships that they thought there was something wrong with the car, MINI decided to remove it again when the R56 was released. Therefore I can confirm that all 2005 and 2006 Cooper Ses (not sure about JustaCoopers) have the pop and burble.

I am not sure if they continued the pop and burble in the 2007 and 2008 Cabrio (R52) though.

So yes, Tigger does have pop and burble... and therefore the new exhaust is magnifying it. Ali... you're dead on the money. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I typed up the same response and accidentally closed the wrong page *facepalm*

I think it was in 2011-2012 that they re-introduced the pop and burble effect on the gen 2's when the Sport Button was activated.

I ran a straight pipe for three weeks and when i let of the gas it sounded like i had run over rocks and they were bouncing under the car...it was INSANE :biggrin: but i loved it.

I think it was in 2011-2012 that they re-introduced the pop and burble effect on the gen 2's when the Sport Button was activated.
Yep! It was in the 2011 LCI (Refresh):

:smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

so are you going to ever post a sound clip or what!:questionmark:

I need help. Mark keeps working late and I can't hold the cell phone by the exhaust while I hit the gas, well it would make a pretty crappy video. Maybe I can figure out how to just do a sound clip.

But here's a link from Magnaflow

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/04sport.asp#minicoop

Tggrrr010.jpg

I need help. Mark keeps working late and I can't hold the cell phone by the exhaust while I hit the gas, well it would make a pretty crappy video. Maybe I can figure out how to just do a sound clip.

But here's a link from Magnaflow

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/04sport.asp#minicoop

If you ask nicely maybe your neighboring MINIac will come assist you with your sound bite :idea:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

You would think that Ali, with all of the photography "stuff" she has could figure out a way to make that work. Better yet, she could ask her BMFF across the street for his GoPro, mount it on the boot and take it for a test drive.... But Nooooooo, Ali will wait for poor Mark to get home from a long day at the office and make him go out and hold her phone to make a video. That's why I love the sound recorder on the iPhone.

You would think that Ali, with all of the photography "stuff" she has could figure out a way to make that work. Better yet, she could ask her BMFF across the street for his GoPro, mount it on the boot and take it for a test drive.... But Nooooooo, Ali will wait for poor Mark to get home from a long day at the office and make him go out and hold her phone to make a video. That's why I love the sound recorder on the iPhone.

Hey Buddy across the street, can I please borrow that GoPro?

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hey Buddy across the street, can I please borrow that GoPro?

Sure. It's in the book case to the left of the TV. You know where the key is. I'll stop by there and pick it up to set it up for you.

I have extra pop & burble :biggrin:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

hey sorry to bring up an old thread, but does any one know a local custom garage that'll do a resonator/cat delete at a resonable price? I'm in Rockville but wouldn't mind traveling to a honest place.

Example: Meineke is asking over $200 bucks. No way jose. Folks on NAM are saying it shouldnt be more than $60-$80.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

hey sorry to bring up an old thread, but does any one know a local custom garage that'll do a resonator/cat delete at a resonable price? I'm in Rockville but wouldn't mind traveling to a honest place.

Example: Meineke is asking over $200 bucks. No way jose. Folks on NAM are saying it shouldnt be more than $60-$80.

I would ask P-Tuning in Manassas, I know they do custom exhaust work. They are one of our club vendors.

There is a place near your area that isn't a vendor but does good work on MINIs. I can't remember their name though. Maybe someone else will.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Meinekee in gaithersburg off of snoufer school rd

2010 Mini Copper S *Stg 2 Battle Tuned*

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade