ORazor

Cross Your Fingers!

Hey all,

I'm heading halfway across the country to try to score an '07 Cooper S JCW this weekend, and assuming that everything checks out with the car, I'll be back in the DC area with my new Mini on Monday!

I stumbled across this forum from North American Motoring, and I can't wait to meet up with you guys. I'm down in Old Town, Alexandria, where it seems like every third person owns a Mini, but I'm looking forward to doing group runs, and maybe even the Dragon!

Does anyone have any big-ticket items that I should be sure to check when I go to pick up the car? It has 46k miles on it. Thanks!

ORazor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Stella" 2007 MCS, SS/B, Red Lounge Leather, WMW DV, NM Engineering TA, KIWI WIFI + Rev + KUDA

Thanks!

I haven't bought it yet though - I want to make sure that it doesn't shake, rattle, and roll first! However, I have a strong inclination that I will be returning home this weekend with a Mini!

As for naming, the JCW has a wide single bright yellow racing stripe from front to back, over the forest green base color.

I'm thinking about calling him Spot :biggrin:

Yes, I like irony :top:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Stella" 2007 MCS, SS/B, Red Lounge Leather, WMW DV, NM Engineering TA, KIWI WIFI + Rev + KUDA

Thanks!

I haven't bought it yet though - I want to make sure that it doesn't shake, rattle, and roll first! However, I have a strong inclination that I will be returning home this weekend with a Mini!

As for naming, the JCW has a wide single bright yellow racing stripe from front to back, over the forest green base color.

I'm thinking about calling him Spot :biggrin:

Yes, I like irony :top:

The name is great!

The green is called British Racing Green, it's an awesome color! I hope Spot is in great shape when you two meet.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks! I assume by the time I've driven back from Ohio with the JCW, I'll have gauged whether or not it's a good name.

I've been hearing all this talk of having to decide whether the Mini is a boy or a girl. If it's a girl, it might change the name!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the MINI community and we look forward to having you as a member of the club when you get back!

Don't let Ali push you into anything too fast, she's like that (must be the New Yorker thing) so just figure it out once you get to know the car. Have a safe trip!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Thanks! I assume by the time I've driven back from Ohio with the JCW, I'll have gauged whether or not it's a good name.

I've been hearing all this talk of having to decide whether the Mini is a boy or a girl. If it's a girl, it might change the name!

Well I say that standards are boys and automatics are girls, but I know there are many that disagree with my little theory. :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm not sure about that actually.

The way I figure, manuals are girls, and automatics are guys. After all, girls really do need a manual to understand.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7363530-6-5-23a6300a.jpg

Does anyone know what the two circular metallic objects above and on either side of the exhaust are? I'm stumped, and I'd like to find out before I see the car.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like the place where the bike racks and/or misc MINI accessories connect. If that's the case those would be nice to come with the car!

If you do get the car, having that piece still installed will make purchasing the differ racks cheaper being that those are sold separately.

I know cause I study that darn accessory book. :)

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

According 2 Ali's link, it's advertised as an S, not a JCW.

BTW, welcome, and have a safe (& exciting!) trip back!

Question: Are you certain that this car is a true JCW? I don't see the JCW boot badge, and those exhaust tips look standard.

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

It's the 2007 JCW engine kit (visible on the engine and the front grill), and also has the JCW brakes.

In 2007, they didn't make separate models called JCW. It was rather a package installed by the dealer after the sale.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mini/2007-mini-cooper-s-by-john-cooper-works-ar42640.html

That's why I called it "'07 Cooper S JCW" in the opening post, because there is no such thing as a "2007 JCW" (at least to my knowledge).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Question: Are you certain that this car is a true JCW? I don't see the JCW boot badge, and those exhaust tips look standard.

I could be wrong, but I'm reasonably sure that those are the JCW 3 inch exhaust.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is the trailer hitch system made by MiniFini.

Thanks! So, is that used for bike racks and other accessories? Or does that imply that the previous owners used the Mini to actually tow something? :banghead:

Edit: From their website, it looks like more for bike racks, etc. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It had a front JCW badge and a badge in. the engine.

Indeed. It isn't clear to me why there isn't one in the rear. I've seen other 2007 Cooper S JCWs that don't have the rear badge, but I'm not sure why. I'm going to get myself one ASAP!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out www.minifini.com. Its a comprehensive system of carriers and towing accessories.

GalleryPic.aspx?id=71

Dear lord that picture scares me.

Fortunately, I think the product is http://www.minifini.com/ShopDetail.aspx?id=19, which apparently is used for bikes or snowsports.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]