TGGRRR (Ali)

Shooting our MINIs

Fear not!!!

If it's raining we can still meet in Panera and shoot in the garage. We may even cover our cameras with towels (if you bring them) and we can shoot on the roof. Then we'll play it by ear

Sound like a plan?

yep i looked at weatherchannel.com and they said partly cloudy so i have no clue what its going to be this weekend. nbc said chance of rain, my weather channel app said cloudy, weatherbug said cloudy as well. so maybe its going to be cloudy which is good like a big softbox

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

yep i looked at weatherchannel.com and they said partly cloudy so i have no clue what its going to be this weekend. nbc said chance of rain, my weather channel app said cloudy, weatherbug said cloudy as well. so maybe its going to be cloudy which is good like a big softbox

well the clouds can make for nice shooting. It might even make for some fog when it's getting darker.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

well the clouds can make for nice shooting. It might even make for some fog when it's getting darker.

oo yea that would be soooo cool

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

I'm not sure either, I've never been to it. Can we get the cars near any of the aircraft?

The Udvar Hazy branch of the Air & Space Museum is out near Dulles Airport. They fly in aircraft (SR&! for example) for exhibits. Expecting to get the last operational space shuttle there shortly (flown in on back of 747 transporter). Just continue on out the toll road to rt28 head north and look for the sign.

The Udvar Hazy branch of the Air & Space Museum is out near Dulles Airport. They fly in aircraft (SR&! for example) for exhibits. Expecting to get the last operational space shuttle there shortly (flown in on back of 747 transporter). Just continue on out the toll road to rt28 head north and look for the sign.

Thanks!

Tggrrr010.jpg

Has anyone recommended Iwo Jima Memorial yet since we'll already be in Arlington before heading to Wolf Trap? Here's a cool shot that if we can find the right spot we can get the MINIs and the monuments in the background.

the only downfall will be trying to not get a bunch of tourists in the shot.

iwo%20jima.jpg

Signature.JPG

Has anyone recommended Iwo Jima Memorial yet since we'll already be in Arlington before heading to Wolf Trap? Here's a cool shot that if we can find the right spot we can get the MINIs and the monuments in the background.

the only downfall will be trying to not get a bunch of tourists in the shot.

iwo%20jima.jpg

To do that we first have to evaluate if we have too many MINIs, then does someone know the spot in advance and feel comfortable leading the group into it. I can't, I don't know the area. The last thing we need is to be frustrated trying to figure out parking etc.

I think it could make great shots, but we need to know how to work it out.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

It looks like we'll have a good group and we should have a lot of fun on Saturday.

I'm curious, if anyone would like to reply with their skill level of photography and what they're hoping to get out of the afternoon.

I can help those of you that are not as into photography as others. Even with a point and shoot camera you can still get good above average shots. I am also happy to use my equipment to shoot your car.

Some things I've learned about shooting MINIs to get a good look are as follows:

Shoot them from a low angle

Shoot them from a corner angle and not always straight on

Get in there and do some close ups of your favorite parts like the headlights or side scuttles

Try not to shoot your reflection in the MINI (you can avoid this by standing further back and zooming in)

I think we're going to have a lot of fun on Saturday. This is the first time I've done this, so bear with me please I'll do my best to make it fun and help everyone get good shots.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

It just hit me. It would be really hard to take shots in a metro parking garage on a Saturday :/

Actually Ballston isn't that bad, that's why I picked it.

By going downstairs to the area where the monthly parkers go we will be able to find empty areas. We can also head to the roof if we want and that should be fairly empty.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I don't know my way around the Ballston area. Thank goodness for nav in Lucy. :thumbsup:

OK then make sure you follow my directions to find the MINIs when you come in. Even if you don't I'll be in the Panera and we can all regroup from there.

You'll need to pay a dollar for the parking, cash only I think

Enter the garage on the Glebe St Side

as soon as you enter, get your ticket, go to the right and turn where it says monthly (monthly doesn't apply on weekends)

go right (it's a one way)

Go down until you see MINIs.

I am hoping to get there a little early so people will find Tigger.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Wow! What a fun day!!!

We had a great group and I think we all fed off of each other creatively. I had a lot of fun. I'm processing the pictures now, I took over 200 of them so will put them on Flickr and post the link here.

Can't wait to see everyone's pics.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

It was great meeting everyone! I'll sign up shortly. Good people and MINIs = fun. I'll post my photos when I get a chance to do a little post.

I am looking forward to the next MINI meet.:congrats:

It was great meeting you too Mike, can't wait to see your shots :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg