TGGRRR (Ali)

Shooting our MINIs

12:00

Meet at the Ballston Mall Garage

Eat at the Panera and plan the stops

OK so the plan is to spend an afternoon shooting our MINIs. If you have a good camera bring it, if not, don't worry, we have cameras.

One suggestion was to get some of those cool urban garage shots so lets meet at the Ballston Mall parking lot (it will cost a dollar)

We can have lunch at the Panera

Enter the garage on the Glebe St Side

as soon as you enter, go to the right and turn where it says monthly (monthly doesn't apply on weekends)

Go till you see MINIs

From Ballston we can shoot out to Wolf Trap for a shot that Haemish has wanted to do for a while.

It should get dark early enough that we can find a place to play with some timed exposures at the end to get some really fun shots.

Suggestions are encouraged, but we also have to realize there's only so much daylight during that time of year and it's good to keep this one simple.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

We were talking about maybe doing some light painting with the MINIs. Craig and I took a shot at it tonight. Here's one where I light painted Merlin's headlight.

6610244135_212a92968d_o.jpg

(Ali's original link: IMG_4856.jpg)

I tried to embed it as an image, but I kept getting the broken box. ugh

Anyway, it is fun, you need an array of flashlights and a tripod and a parking lot that is reasonably dark. Remember even if you don't have all that, Craig and I have it so we can take the pics for you.

I also have a loaner tripod, but I wouldn't suggest putting a nice camera on it.

a%3E

Edited by Edge
Converted into embedded image

Tggrrr010.jpg

I tried to embed it as an image, but I kept getting the broken box. ugh
Fixed. :biggrin:

You can't embed a web page as an image. You have to link to the image itself.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

In the monthly area

Enter the garage on the Glebe St Side

as soon as you enter, go to the right and turn where it says monthly (monthly doesn't apply on weekends)

Go till you see MINIs

I would say I'm going to try to find us spots on the first level you hit but not in the big parking section. I can't really define it exactly since we want it kind of quiet and have to see when we get there. But that area tends to be quiet.

Tggrrr010.jpg

So I'm trying to simplify this event since it's the first time I'm organizing something like this. Since I don't think we can find a good area in DC where we can actually park the cars and shoot the monuments I'm going to drop that portion of the day.

We'll still meet in Ballston, we'll head over to Wolf Trap

We should have time for one other location. What about the roof of one of the Tyson's garage's?

Or does anyone know another park in that area? I was thinking of Great Falls, but I don't know of an area that we could get the cars near the river.

If anyone has ideas, feel free to share. What I'm looking to do is have fun, get some good shots and have a simple route, with easy stops.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

could maybe do some down in old town or near the Woodrow Wilson bridge

I thought of that area, but it puts us in 3 different directions and for this event I am trying to keep it simple. It's the first time I'm doing it.

If this event is as fun as I think it will be, we should do another one along the Potomac.

Tggrrr010.jpg

i was thinking while were out at wolf trap i don't know how far the air and space museum is but maybe could do there ?

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

i think there in side but they might have one or two out front. last time i was there the outside of the building is pretty modern and neat looking. could get some neat shots.

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

i think there in side but they might have one or two out front. last time i was there the outside of the building is pretty modern and neat looking. could get some neat shots.

Is it free to get into the parking lot?

Do you know where it is?

Tggrrr010.jpg

It's free after 4pm, but the museum closes at 5:30pm.

I've gone later in the day and it's still really busy. I think we'd have a hard time getting any good pictures of our cars that didn't have hoardes of tourists in them. Also, I don't think the Park Police would be too supportive.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

so i was watching the news and what do you know they are saying chance of rain :motz::motz::motz::banghead::banghead::banghead::(:(:( but i hope that we are still shooting RIGHT :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

so i was watching the news and what do you know they are saying chance of rain :motz::motz::motz::banghead::banghead::banghead::(:(:( but i hope that we are still shooting RIGHT :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

Fear not!!!

If it's raining we can still meet in Panera and shoot in the garage. We may even cover our cameras with towels (if you bring them) and we can shoot on the roof. Then we'll play it by ear

Sound like a plan?

Tggrrr010.jpg