astarte

About to buy a MINI Coupe - love advice!

so now i'm totally looking at the blue bottom with silver stripes and silver top with blue stripes (originally I was looking at the black top but then I saw the silver top) I am so incredibly excited--thank you to all of you for all of your advice! I'm also so incredibly excited about all of the events DCMM holds, I need to order Legend so that she can come and we can come play (until then maybe I can ride along with someone and take photos of the fun). The idea of modifying the suspension aftermarket is something that had never crossed my mind and would take the decision out of my hands right now and let me do it once the current suspension needs replacing (which considering I'm going to be doing 295 through DC a lot will probably be hard on my poor car, plus the fact that I'm going to let dear fiancee drive her.) I'm hoping there's going to be another autocross class next year (although he'll want to take his Legacy) and that will actually be a really good thing for us as we'll be able to compete against one another in a Very Safe environment.

I think I'm going to pick up 17" All Seasons and then maybe a set of 16" snows plus fall back to the other cars during those months. Thank you Thank you Thank you! there's a lot of this stuff about the not upgradable I would not have thought of. I am so happy!

YAY!!!!!

We have an early MINIac!!! :congrats:

I love the silver accent colors, it looks nice with the blue. I think the Coupe comes in Lightening Blue, I really like it.

You're going to love your legend!

If you come to the MINIs take the Beltway, I'm sure you can ride along with someone. If I was going to be there I'd let you ride with me in Tigger.

We do have a brunch coming up in Nov, hopefully you can make it out to that.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Laura,

Kinda late to chime in. I'd say yes to the Xenon's, heated seats, auto AC, dimming mirrors and I'm starting to really appreciate the automatic lights and rain sensing wipers. My 09 MCS didn't have the mirrors or wipers so that was a new trick to get used to. I would also say yes on the 17" wheels. The slight improvement in ride comfort doesn't make up for the difference in the handling and looks of the 17's.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Elie was asking me if I wanted to add the optional JCW suspension piece (I've fogotten its name) that connects from the top of the struts to add stability/rigidity? Some places are saying its useless, other places won't let you race with it so I'm leaning against it. Am going to go order the car this afternoon before I go check out Yet Another Wedding venue <headdesk> So incredibly excited about this review: http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/impressions/2012-mini-coupe must try not to do this now that they've put all of the stupid speed cams on 295...

The JCW strut tower brace doesn't do much, but it's nice eye candy...(I've got one on my car..lol) You can always add it later after you find someone sell it used....(and save some money...)

I also have one. It's pretty, but I don't know that it does anything. I'd wait on it. Rich is right, you can get it used or possibly find a better deal on one later.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

we are ordered with options galore! The dealership is saying 6-8 weeks and is hopefully that I'll see her before next year.

Ordered TrueBlue (Countryman All4) early Sep 11 and it took about a month. Picked him up mid Oct. The hard part is the waaaait...

Congrats! You'll definitely love it when it finally arrives, I'm luvin' mine...

First things first: Welcome!

Secondly I noted a comment above about sun roofs and solar ovens, I would differ. My Countryman (alas, till nameless) has sun roofs in a white roof over a surf blue body. It was not noticeably hotter than my previous car. I would definitely avoid black roofs as they are hot. Also recommend light color interiors, if heat build up is a concern. A sun shade for the windscreen is also a useful addition (Search the forum for the custom sunscreen thread).

my mini is supposed to come off the line 11-11-11 how awesome is that! Any ideas on when I'll see her?

That is awesome!!!!

Maybe the name can somehow be based on that!!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com