TGGRRR (Ali)

Favorite mods for new members

Alan, you've got a great point there! I've got those decals and stickers under the hood and they work! That Way Motorworks decal added a few HP and I'm CERTAIN that the RMW decal added at least 15% all by itself...

Good luck on keeping it as it rolled off the showroom floor though... I'm installing a new decal this evening when I get home from work. Mr. FEDEX brought me a brand new Defenders of Speed decal yesterday!

I have slew of Vendor Stickers but not sure where to place them. You gotta balance the sticker-HP very carefully or you will be mistaken for EDGE or EZ. ;)

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I have slew of Vendor Stickers but not sure where to place them. You gotta balance the sticker-HP very carefully or you will be mistaken for EDGE or EZ. ;)
LOL... for the record... none of my decals are brand names. I refuse to advertise for a company other than MINI itself (I haven't removed the OEM badges... :tongue:).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

And for the record, all of mine are for vendors. But, mine are under the hood where they make the absolute most HP possible. That, and they aren't out there in public...

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'm the same way, the only time I have a name brand is if it is directly on the mod itself. But, I try not to show favoritism.

LOL... for the record... none of my decals are brand names. I refuse to advertise for a company other than MINI itself (I haven't removed the OEM badges... :tongue:).

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

My first mod was the AutoSport module, so I didn't have to push the button every time.

Then the light in sight, then a wing lip... Then came the Jan tune, Alta intercooler, Way bypass valve, Scangauge2, Koni shocks and struts, TSW springs, H=Sport Rear bar, Oil catch can, and Zippie shade, stubby antenna, and on, and on and on...

I tried a Inveidia exhaust, but the droan was unbearable...

No matter where you go, there you are!

My first mod was the AutoSport module, so I didn't have to push the button every time.

Then the light in sight, then a wing lip... Then came the Jan tune, Alta intercooler, Way bypass valve, Scangauge2, Koni shocks and struts, TSW springs, H=Sport Rear bar, Oil catch can, and Zippie shade, stubby antenna, and on, and on and on...

I tried a Inveidia exhaust, but the droan was unbearable...

What is the auto sport module? It sounds like something Mark might like for Max

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

My 1st mod was the chrome scoop. A year or so later, I added the pulley (love that whiiiine!). Did a couple of interior things (CF dash & door rings), installed an armrest. Oh, yeah, and put on some purple 'eyes' under Scoopie's bonnet. :biggrin:

*edit*: Oh, yeah ... I forgot 2 add strut mount plates ... they're purple, 2! :biggrin:

Edited by VioletDC

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

My 1st mod was the chrome scoop. A year or so later, I added the pulley (love that whiiiine!). Did a couple of interior things (CF dash & door rings), installed an armrest. Oh, yeah, and put on some purple 'eyes' under Scoopie's bonnet. :biggrin:

I love the eyes under the bonnet of a first gen.

If you love Scoopie's whine now, you have to get the Cold Air Intake, then she'll scream.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I love the eyes under the bonnet of a first gen.

If you love Scoopie's whine now, you have to get the Cold Air Intake, then she'll scream.

Ahh, the CAI ... what do those cost? Will Mach V install it 4 me (they did my pulley)?

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

Kewl ... I'm checking out MiniMania now ... is K&N a good brand?

That's the one I have in Tigger. I like it. If you come to the dinner next week you can take him for a little spin and listen. He's close to yours he has the pulley and CAI, they're the same year so I would think the sound should be similar.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Ali, I thought you had the DDM Intake? The filter might be made by K&N. As far as intakes, there are only three I know of that most consider good:

JCW - Expensive

Dinan - Discontinued

DDM - still available (I thought this was the one Way installed)

The reason that it is important is that though they are all referred to as CAI (cold air intake), some testing has been done over the years and some of the crappier aftermarket intakes were determined to allow engine heat into the intake which pretty much negates the cold aspect, which is what you want for making power.

I'm using the Dinan which was installed about 5 years ago, so I must admit I'm not in tune with all the currently available options that I might not have listed above. Research is good and maybe someone else can chime in if they know of another good intake.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Ali, I thought you had the DDM Intake? The filter might be made by K&N. As far as intakes, there are only three I know of that most consider good:

JCW - Expensive

Dinan - Discontinued

DDM - still available (I thought this was the one Way installed)

The reason that it is important is that though they are all referred to as CAI (cold air intake), some testing has been done over the years and some of the crappier aftermarket intakes were determined to allow engine heat into the intake which pretty much negates the cold aspect, which is what you want for making power.

I'm using the Dinan which was installed about 5 years ago, so I must admit I'm not in tune with all the currently available options that I might not have listed above. Research is good and maybe someone else can chime in if they know of another good intake.

Oh you could be right, you know I get confused. I do have a DDM, I think what I got confused on was I replaced the K&N lifetime air filter with the DDM CAI. I'm sorry about that.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Well it's been a while.

Autosport= not having to remember to press the freaking sport button every time you get in the car.

Intakes.

Alta, Defenders of Speed, M7, K&N, DDM, JCW, and maybe Helix...

Oooh I bet Mark would like that one for Max

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hell, if I wanted to have to do a preflight check list, I'd fly...

Yet another thing I really hate... Having to push the random button on the radio every time I go somewhere.

Back to the autosport... It also lets you automatically turn off the traction and stibility controls. That's just one less thing you have to remomber at the autocross or track. Nothing ruins an autocross run faster than having the traction control kill your start.

How hard would it have been for the engineers to program it so the car remembers what state a couple of buttons were in?

No matter where you go, there you are!

Hell, if I wanted to have to do a preflight check list, I'd fly...

Yet another thing I really hate... Having to push the random button on the radio every time I go somewhere.

Back to the autosport... It also lets you automatically turn off the traction and stibility controls. That's just one less thing you have to remomber at the autocross or track. Nothing ruins an autocross run faster than having the traction control kill your start.

How hard would it have been for the engineers to program it so the car remembers what state a couple of buttons were in?

I second that! It really sucks to come out of the first turn, get some wheelspin and suddenly, the car is slowing down... It's kind of a sick "what did I break" feeling....

As far as "memory"? I think it's aimed at the 90% of car owners who wouldn't remember that it was off if/when they needed it and the lawyers would make it the fault of BMW/MINI....

I took the time to remove my AutoSport + before I traded Archi in and I'm going to install it in Merlin pretty soon.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I guess it depends on if its new or new to you. In my case I am looking to do some of the small things that are also maintenance like. Recently installed the ignition kit from Way which is new spark plugs, wire and ignition coil that is a little more powerful for better burn. Next up will most likely be filters along with a new intake. After that will be motor mounts. Tint will be in there somewhere as well along with some weight reduction like a rear seat delete.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The very first mod I did when I ordered my Dora was the Light-in-Sight, because I knew there was no way I can see the traffic light without cradling my neck (and probably breaking it in the process :rofl:) I haven't really made any other mods though....but with the next car (another MCS), in addition to Light-in-sight (probably transferred from Dora), I'll probably get the car tinted, as soon as I can confirm that the tine won't exceed the maximum 70% that is allowed in all 50 states, a sway bar, a couple of extra gauges (1 for oil temp, one for something else, maybe oil pressure???), a new ScanGuage II, as well as customized stripes, maybe even a customized roof graphics.

I'm not into racing or auto-crossing (although might try one sometimes), so don't need suspension or other similar mods. I had thought of putting in catch can, but have read that 2011 and onward has their engine changed to prevent carbon build-up though. Anyone know about that one?