Poison Ivy

My MINI needs a name...

Hey everyone, Catalina (MiniLvr) here. It was so great meeting so many of you at Saturday's 2nd Annual Scavenger Hunt. Geno and I really had a great time. We felt so welcome into the club, especially since I'm a self proclaimed :hahaha: Mini-Dork.

Anyhow, after meeting you all and seeing your Mini's, we knew we needed two things... some upgrades to the Mini, but also a name.

Initially I was thinking Lola, but I don't want to pick a name that's already taken so I need your help. I've attached some photos of my Mini (I think?) to this post. I welcome any suggestions. :biggrin:

2.jpg3.jpg28.jpg

Edited by Poison Ivy

Signature.JPG

1. Don't be concerned with using a 'taken' name - My car's name is Nigel (as was the MINI before him), and there are plenty of Nigels out there :smile:

2. Have you determined if your MINI is a boy or a girl? Some folks out there will have you believe that if your MINI is a manual ('stick') then it's a boy, and automatics are girls. Don't believe them! :tongue: Only you and your MINI know for sure.

Good luck, and welcome to DCMM! :wavey:

Ali must be working on a deadline because this post has been up for an hour and she hasn't named Catalina's car already!

Catalina - I'll echo what Jim and Celia have said in regards to the "gender", you get to choose and future mods that you are thinking about may play into that. You might consider starting with classic British or even German names in recognition of the origins of the mini and MINI. You can always tie the name into something that has meaning to you or you and your husband.

In the end, if you name it and you decide it's not right, you can also change it. last year, I decided "Kooper" just wasn't right for my car so I renamed him "Archibald". Most people just call him Archi since they know that I'm Bald...

It was nice meeting you and I'm glad you had a good time. Laura puts her heart into that event and this year was no exception.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

YES! a good name. I actually like Lola as a name.

I think sparkling silver is kind of a regal color, so I would be inclined to go with a name that sounds like royalty. She needs a pretty sparkly name!

stick shifts are boys

automatics are girls :biggrin:

BTW - I can't think of any other MINIs named Lola

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Ali, Stop spreading that myth. Automatics AND Manual transmissions both have similar gear shift mechanisms (I'm being nice here since DCMM is PG-13). The "gender" of a MINI doesn't rely upon the transmission, it comes down to what the owner decides the car is based upon how they see it and what the Mods they do affect the look of the car (Nurture, not Nature).

Cars could be "Pat" or "Robbie" or "Alex" or "Bobbie" when they come off the production line because those are all gender neutral names. If I'd left the flower seat covers in Archi and put hibiscus stripes on, it would be hard to give the car a male name.

Catalina - Lola sounds great if that's what you like.

MY S is a stick and it doesn't have a gender cuz it's a car. :tongue:

Nor does it have a name beyond MY S other than The Oldest 1st Generation MINI In DCMM. Sometimes I refer to it as "my car" as opposed to your car or Paul's car.

:wink:

Alright, my gut keeps telling me Lola because I keep singing to myself... "Whatever Lola wants.... Lola gets...."

I know there's a member named "LolitaNme" who's mini is named Lolita. Is that too similar?

My other thought is some variation of "Sparkling Silver"...

Sparkz, Sparky, Sparkle, Sparkles... etc

Sparkles is the winner in that group.

Signature.JPG

Alright, that's it. Going with my gut... Lola it is. Now my brother's working on my signature image. :star:which will properly introduce Lola!:star:

@Ali, you're right... Lola is sassy!

Thak you so much to everyone who helped.

Signature.JPG

Welcome Lola!

Here are some other thoughts for the future.

"Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl

With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there

She would merengue and do the cha-cha"

Hey, hate the player (Barry Manilow) but embrace the game! Find Lola references and see how they can be turned into car ideas.

Ali, Stop spreading that myth. Automatics AND Manual transmissions both have similar gear shift mechanisms (I'm being nice here since DCMM is PG-13). The "gender" of a MINI doesn't rely upon the transmission, it comes down to what the owner decides the car is based upon how they see it and what the Mods they do affect the look of the car (Nurture, not Nature).

My BLUR is a little bit Butch but I love her for that!

:party:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Alright, my gut keeps telling me Lola because I keep singing to myself... "Whatever Lola wants.... Lola gets...."

I know there's a member named "LolitaNme" who's mini is named Lolita. Is that too similar?

My other thought is some variation of "Sparkling Silver"...

Sparkz, Sparky, Sparkle, Sparkles... etc

Sparkles is the winner in that group.

Sparkles is in the cute category... I like Lola!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL"