cmcveay

Wanted!

Is there anyone out there with a 2nd Gen (2007 to present) that has the Sirius satellite radio installed and you simply don't use it? If so, would you be intersted in selling your receiver? If so, send me a PM and we can discuss the details.

Thanks,

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Brian,

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, it looks like their offering are all for 1st Gen's. I thought I'd found a solution with an interface from DICE but, as it turns out, there appears to be a typo in their advertising and it's like the Blitzsafe device that you've got installed.

Haemish turned me onto Morristown MINI's parts department so I've reached out to them to see about getting the OEM receiver and I've also been in touch Schatzy to get together while we are in Fontana to see if he's got any info on it. He's pretty much a walking/talking encyclopedia of knowledge on the 2nd Gen audio system.

I'm not going to crash and burn if I can't do this but I've got to try!

Thanks,

Craig

I really can't believe that there are no wrecked R56 with sat radios. I've been looking for a Sirius box since I got the car. I just don't feel like paying the dealer almost $900 for it with install.

I realize you have to go to the dealer to get it programed, and maybe for the install seeing as how it's on a fiber optic bus, but almost $500 for the receiver?

No matter where you go, there you are!

I'm with you there!

We (owners) can do the install, it's all pre-terminated connectors. As far as activating, I was playing with the software that would allow us (owners again) to get into the body control modules and change things but I lost patience. If there's anyone that has the time and interest to read up on the process, I'm willing to loan the connector and cable (as well as the software). With this, you could retrofit things and have the ability to turn them on, just like the dealer does. There's a long thread on NAM and some on the Bimmer forums about the software.

Edge has the software and cable, at least for R53, not sure, check with him, he may be able to do newer models as well.

I'm with you there!

We (owners) can do the install, it's all pre-terminated connectors. As far as activating, I was playing with the software that would allow us (owners again) to get into the body control modules and change things but I lost patience. If there's anyone that has the time and interest to read up on the process, I'm willing to loan the connector and cable (as well as the software). With this, you could retrofit things and have the ability to turn them on, just like the dealer does. There's a long thread on NAM and some on the Bimmer forums about the software.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Edge has the software and cable, at least for R53, not sure, check with him, he may be able to do newer models as well.
Nope - 2nd Gens are totally different, fiber-optics. The software and cable I have for 1st Gens aren't for programmable body modules, either. It's mostly for tweaking the factory Nav system and Bluetooth.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Haemish,

If I have the software and the cable/connector, would you be interested in looking into it? As you know, I'm a Mac guy so running that kind of stuff on my little netbook isn't all that "fun".

The good news is that the NCSExpert software and the cable/connector works on 1st and 2nd Gen!

My satellite rcvr is on the way, I should have it by the weekend. The "instant gratification" part of me says I'll just pay the $100 or so and have the dealer activate it! :)

Always happy to look at this kinda thing. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Aren't Mini units the same as in E60/E90 and other bimmers of certain model years? In any case, given the cost and need to pay for coding @ dealer, I went with an XM unit scored on craiglist for mere $20. It even came with a remote that fits nicely unter the parking brake.

I've got a Sirius unit that sits in the cup holder - no remote - and it goes through the aux in. The sound could be better and I want to be able to control it through the head unit. I know, I know, I'm spoiled but I want to get rid of the clutter.

Okay, from a reliable source, it seems that MINI/BMW have placed a hold on the OEM SAT RADIO (SIRIUS) kits and they aren't selling them. That makes for a big fat :( from me...

Just think about it and if it annoys you (Driving a 1st gen that can integrate SIRIUS into your system if you want), think about how much it annoys 2nd Gen owners who would like to add the feature....... Wait.. Wait... Okay, I'm over it - they just saved me more money than GEICO could if I called them!

If you know the part number(s) you want, you could try ordering directly from Europe... :tongue:

I sent you an email about the coding:itsme:

Okay, from a reliable source, it seems that MINI/BMW have placed a hold on the OEM SAT RADIO (SIRIUS) kits and they aren't selling them. That makes for a big fat :( from me...

2010 MCS Laurel edition RMW Tune ;-), ALTA FMIC, Invidia Q300 Exhaust, NM Eng. CAI, NM Discharge pipe, NM Charge pipe, NM Strut brace, Open hood scoop, Stri Boost gauge, Craven Speed shiftwell(black), BSH CC, and many more goodies!.