cmcveay

DCMM Photo Contest

Friends, Photographers and MINI/Mini drivers, grab your gear and lend me your ear! The D.C. Metro MINI's monthly photo contest has risen like the Phoenix! It's time to drag out your camera, clean up your car and get out there to make some art!

The rules and submission guidelines for the contest are here - http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/7-dcmm-photo-contest-rules/

Contest begins: Today, right now, get going!

Contest closes: Midnight, November 16th.

Theme: Fall colors/Thanksgiving.

Reminder: Please remember that we are a group of MINIacs so your photo submissions MUST have something MINI/Mini related in it. Please make it obvious for the "gifted" among us (that's me) and this month's selection committee will thank you.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

The attached photo's are the first 3 of 5 that have been selected from some awesome pictures submitted this month.

Please PM me with your pick for the top 3 photo's from this group and the next. The winner will be announced Saturday morning at the Meet and Greet and then posted here!

Craig

You could start a poll, wouldn't that be easier?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

The rules state:

9. All photos will be screened by the contest committee and narrowed down to 10 finalists. The 10 finalists will be up for voting by DCMM members to determine the winner.

I know there were more than 5 photos submitted.

Can't wait to hear this one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You both have good points, but this is the first photo contest that Craig has organized, so there's a learning curve here - go easy on him, guys! :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Alan/Haemish,

For this contest, I'll do it the hard way this month but I agree, a poll is the way to go in the future.

You guys are the wizards of vBulletin so I'm going to have to ask for your technical expertise on the Polls or the best way to do the voting.

My "vision" is that the membership will see the photo's and be able to pick their favorite or favorites.

Can images be inserted into the poll or will they need to be put into a different post? Is there a way to attach more than three items to a post?

Jay - Response/answer sent via PM.

Thanks,

Craig

A little of topic, but I was curious on how to setup a poll and was reading the FAQS section.

It states "To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page" but I do not see any checkbox for creating a poll at the bottom.

Are admins the only ones that have access or does something need to be change within the forum to allow any member to create a poll?

Thanks

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Alan/Haemish,

For this contest, I'll do it the hard way this month but I agree, a poll is the way to go in the future.

You guys are the wizards of vBulletin so I'm going to have to ask for your technical expertise on the Polls or the best way to do the voting.

My "vision" is that the membership will see the photo's and be able to pick their favorite or favorites.

Can images be inserted into the poll or will they need to be put into a different post? Is there a way to attach more than three items to a post?

Jay - Response/answer sent via PM.

Thanks,

Craig

I think admin has the privileges of determining how many tags can be attached to a single post, I think it can be altered up to 10, or more.

As for creating the poll, I would just number the pics, and have the poll vote for numbers. Just my opinion.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Not knowing the "behind the scenes" abilities of vBulletin, I don't know but my guess is that you are correct and I agree with the poll part. It would be awesome if it could all go into the same post instead of a post with images and then a post wtih a poll. I'll see what Scavenger and Edge have to say 'cause they are the big IQ's on that stuff.

Thanks,

Craig

You can set the poll by using image number that you'd assigned to each images. Then you attach pictures on a post with the assigned number on each images. Members can look at the all the pictures, select their favorite(s) and vote.

And you can edit the first post on this thread and add the polls to it.

My 2 cents. :biggrin:

Edited by Maxicooper

Brian,

Not to steal the thunder (or correct answer) from the admins but I believe it requires admin access - or the respective permissions - to create a poll. In the future, I'll be using the poll for counting the ballots. I'm not looking for any of those "hanging chad" issues here...

Thanks,

Craig

Polls can only be created as part of the creation of a new thread. Once a thread is created, a poll cannot be added/attached to it. Also, on DCMM, polls can only be created by a forum Moderator. This was a deliberate decision because we didn't want to see members creating polls left and right, willy-nilly, just because it's fun to do. Craig - you should have the ability to do this already.

Images can not be inserted directly into a poll, however they can be inserted into a post (instead of attaching them), as Chris has demonstrated. The catch is that they have to be hosted somewhere and then linked to in the post for that to work. Picasa is one such (free) way of doing that, as are Photobucket, Flickr, etc.

The best method to getting both a poll and the pics in one thread would probably be to post a new "voting" thread, with a poll, and include the pictures in the first post during creation (which would then appear directly below the poll itself).

We currently limit the number of attachments to 3 per post. This could be increased, but I believe it is preferred to link to pictures instead of attaching them anyway, as the picture will be in full view immediately and one can view all of the pictures by scrolling through them (again, as Chris/Maxicooper has demonstrated).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129