ppantham

Info regarding stripes for Clubman and installation dealer in Northern VA area

Hi,

Can anyone suggest the following two things to give a nice makeover to my clubman.

1) Where can I buy bonnet, roof and side stripes?

2) Where can I get the stripes installed?

for a reasonable rate.

Would prefer something in northern VA area.

Thank you very much in advance.

Give "Carman" a shout and he can point you to a place where he's had some work done that is really, really awesome!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I can answer some of your questions.

1) I WOULD NOT recommend Aesthetic Creations. Mike is a good guy and does good work, but the problem is that he just takes WAY TO LONG. When I say long I mean MONTHS!

I would recommend Todd from ToddsMods. He is on my FB and I will find out what the best way it is to contact him. You can reach him @ todd@toddsmods.com

2) Not sure who can in our area, perhaps some other members may know.

Good luck

Edited by JustJAY
More info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are quite a few places to get stripes made. ToddsMods, as mentioned, Cooper Flags (www.cooperflags.com) both have standard designs, or will work with you. Justin Good st Redline Designs (http://www.redlinedesign.tv) printed my graphics and stripes. He will work with you to make stripes, whatever design you want. But Justin has just gotten into MINIs, so he may need help with dimensions. Also, he works mainly with 'dry; vinyl, which means you need to make sure it's lined up correctly the first time ;)

As far as installation goes, There's a guy in Laurel (Solar something-rather) that folks have used. Justin did mine for me last time he was in town. And folks like Todd at Todds Mods might be able to recommend a place locally.

Good luck, and have fun choosing your stripes/graphics! :)

There's a guy in Laurel (Solar something-rather) that folks have used.
Solar Solutions. His name is Carlos, although he himself only does tint, not graphics - but he has associates he works with who do graphics at his shop. Incidentally, I can highly recommend Carlos for tint - he does a very good job and stands behind the quality of his work (he'll make it right if there's a problem).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

FYI if there is enough interest, Todd a d Mike would come here to do installs. There would need to be minimum orders a d those orders would need to include installation and be paid up front.

If there is interest within the club, I can find out the minimum orders that would get either Mike or Todd out here. Todd would most likely be less because he is in Kansas City and Mike is in AZ.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EDIT: NVM. Just got off the phone with John @ Super Stripes and he (says) he is the guy that does the stripes and Clear Bra for N&T and PMoA. So I'm just going to coordinate with him & N&T.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you know after a hit & run my car is in the shop for repairs, and as expected they have to replace the hood, bumper, chrome ring, etc. While the paint is fresh I figured now is the time to make changes I was already looking into: adding a Clear Bra and changing the stripes.

The shop will put on any OEM stripes, I would just have to pay the price difference for anything that cost more than the ones I have on there now. There are some viable options in the catalog I found: http://www.minimotoringgraphics.com/MINI_Catalog_Web_2010.pdf All I need to do is provide N&T the part number to order.

But at our meet & greet Saturday I (briefly) saw somebody that had an off-center with a gradient that I liked a lot. I'm thinking I'd like to get something more custom than OEM and before the new body parts pick up a stone off the road.

Is anyone familiar enough with N&T that I should let them do all of the work or should I get another vendor (recommendations) to do these upgrades?

TIA

Edited by LostDenverite

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

After i had my front bumper repainted from a similar incident, the clear bra place wanted to wait something like 3 weeks to a month for the paint to cure before re-applying to avoid the paint from fusing to the bra adhesive.

Might want to look into that.

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After i had my front bumper repainted from a similar incident, the clear bra place wanted to wait something like 3 weeks to a month for the paint to cure before re-applying to avoid the paint from fusing to the bra adhesive.

Yep, it's the catch-22. You want to protect your new paint work ASAP... but in order to properly protect it, you need to wait 3 weeks or more for it to cure.

So what do you do in the meantime? Risk driving around and getting new chips/dents on the fresh new paintwork while waiting? Or, park the car and drive something else while you wait?

It's a really unfortunate choice. Of course it's not an issue when you just bought the car brand new because it's been a while since the car was painted at the factory.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

IDK. John said 3 days. In three weeks time I'd need the paint touched-up and we'd be back on the same merry-go-round.

Yep, it's the catch-22. You want to protect your new paint work ASAP... but in order to properly protect it, you need to wait 3 weeks or more for it to cure.

So what do you do in the meantime? Risk driving around and getting new chips/dents on the fresh new paintwork while waiting? Or, park the car and drive something else while you wait?

It's a really unfortunate choice. Of course it's not an issue when you just bought the car brand new because it's been a while since the car was painted at the factory.

OK...guess I need to call him back and get clarification. Maybe I heard him wrong. I'm fortunate, I can walk to everything I usually need to do M - F, it's the weekends where I'm all over the place.

OK...guess I need to call him back and get clarification. Maybe I heard him wrong. I'm fortunate, I can walk to everything I usually need to do M - F, it's the weekends where I'm all over the place.
I (and Beau!) might be wrong about the "3 weeks" thing too. It's happened before... at least on my part. :tongue:

I (and Beau!) might be wrong about the "3 weeks" thing too. It's happened before... at least on my part. :tongue:

Nope. I just got a callback from N&T and they also said 3-weeks.

Well, if that's what it is then that's what it is. I thought I could seize the opportunity of a fresh paint job, but apparently not. Too bad this wasn't later in the year, I'm on the west coast for two weeks in June so I could easily burn the required three weeks then.

Edited by LostDenverite

Funny you should revive this thread....

I pass by a place on the way home every day that does Vinyl wraps and signs. http://www.pcsgraphix.com/

I stopped in one day and asked about new Bonnet stripes. He quoted me arund $80-100 installed.

He actually did some work on a MINI (not mine yet, no clue who it is)

4.jpg

I asked him about making the eyeball stickers for 1st gen under bonnet headlight spots and he quoted me around $25.

Ali mentioned a contract or stat sheet I could take him to ask him about becoming a sponsor for the club. (Ali, you around?)

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

He actually did some work on a MINI (not mine yet, no clue who it is)

4.jpg

LOL - that redefines the meaning of the word "Zipcar" :laugh:

...where is this MINI stored again? I might need to know for next year's Scavenger Hunt. I can never seem to find a darn "Zipcar MINI" for it! :tongue:

Yeah, it's been 3-4 years since I had to have my front bumper redone so I might have a case of memory rot. But they had my car for well over a week and I had to bring it back to have the film redone.

Could it be different paints cure to hardness at different rates? Seems like they put some flex agent in mine so it would flex with the front bumper more. . .maybe that slowed it down. Paint guy more than likely knows what he's doing (or do some more research on the side with the kind of paint they're using.)

Actually it's loooking like I should redo my front bumper again. . .mind shooting me what they're charging to repaint the front?

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Funny you should revive this thread....

I asked him about making the eyeball stickers for 1st gen under bonnet headlight spots and he quoted me around $25.

Ali mentioned a contract or stat sheet I could take him to ask him about becoming a sponsor for the club. (Ali, you around?)

I'm here and I was thinking he sounds like a good candidate to be a club vendor. We can chat offline about what being a vendor means.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Yeah, it's been 3-4 years since I had to have my front bumper redone so I might have a case of memory rot. But they had my car for well over a week and I had to bring it back to have the film redone.

Could it be different paints cure to hardness at different rates? Seems like they put some flex agent in mine so it would flex with the front bumper more. . .maybe that slowed it down. Paint guy more than likely knows what he's doing (or do some more research on the side with the kind of paint they're using.)

Actually it's loooking like I should redo my front bumper again. . .mind shooting me what they're charging to repaint the front?

I don't know if I'm ever going to see the actual invoice as this is going through my auto insurance, but I will ask as I'm talking with them now re the stripes and bra.

Speaking of my stripes, do we (members) get a discount with minimotoringgraphics.com like this club: http://chicagominiclub.com/2012/02/28/mini-motoring-graphics-club-discount/

Edited by LostDenverite

I'm here and I was thinking he sounds like a good candidate to be a club vendor. We can chat offline about what being a vendor means.

first initial lastname at gmail dot com.

Also, I think it's in my info on the board.

and it's on facebook.

:wink:

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"