Claymore

Stratmosphere Exhaust

The mod bug has hit - hard. I have a Bilstein/H&R setup being installed next week, and I just bought a Stratmosphere exhaust yesterday:

http://www.stratmosphere.com/mini_exhausts.htm

It's essentially a Milltek exhuast, but about $100 cheaper. Seems to have gotten good reviews so far. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tom

UPS brought it yesterday. Of course I couldn't resist and had to open the box.

First impression: this appears to be a first-class system. The steel is nice and shiny, proper gauge, and the welds are all perfect. Now I just need to find someone with a lift so I can get this on!

Exhaust is being put on today; I'm having a shop do the suspension work (Bilsteins and H&R springs and swaybar), and they need to drop the exhaust to get the rear subassembly off to get to the rear swaybar anyway, so they're doing the exhaust at the same time.

Can't stop smiling.

The exhaust is fairly stock-sounding, although a little deeper bass rumble is noticeable. The note gets progressively more aggressive as you work up the rev range, though. It's a nice, controlled rumble, not as loud as a Borla or Magnaflow, but a bit more refined, IMO.

Above 4000 rpm, it really shines. The increased flow can be felt, and it really opens up the revs.

Hey Violet, It's not infinitely less expensive but I do have a new in the box uninstalled stratsmosphere exhuast for sale in the parts section for about $100 off retail. I'd even help you install it for free if you'd be interested! :)

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exhaust is being put on today; I'm having a shop do the suspension work (Bilsteins and H&R springs and swaybar), and they need to drop the exhaust to get the rear subassembly off to get to the rear swaybar anyway, so they're doing the exhaust at the same time.

Claymore,

Just curious, if possible, pics please...

:motor:

cp

Hey Violet, It's not infinitely less expensive but I do have a new in the box uninstalled stratsmosphere exhuast for sale in the parts section for about $100 off retail. I'd even help you install it for free if you'd be interested! :)

I can offer up the place and tools needed for the swap. We'll be doing an exhaust install for Ali in the next 24 hours.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold