Griff

Changing Brakes and Required Caliper Tool

Hi there,

Griff here, Kandice and I are past members of DC Metro MINIs but had let our membership lapse. Our 2006 MINI Cooper S just turned 30K miles and it's time for new brake pads.

I have a mechanic friend willing to help me with the task but were wondering where we might find the required tool to hold calipers while we change the pads.

Also open to thoughts and insights...

Cheers,

Griff

Michael and Kandice

Alexandria, VA

2006 Royal Grey MINI Cooper S

Don't you have a warranty? I thought it was 5yr/50K miles........

Warranty is all parts including brakes, 3 yr/36K and full warranty is 4 yr/50K as far as I understand.

Michael and Kandice

Alexandria, VA

3 year / 36,000 mile Maintenance

4 year / 50,000 mile Warranty

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Mark,

Thanks...It has been a while, hope all is well. I will connect with JAB for the tool but appreciate knowing you have one as well. Any recommendations on replacement pads with the factory rotors. Our MINI just turned 30K miles and still has the original pads.

Cheers,

Mike

Michael and Kandice

Alexandria, VA

Mark,

Thanks...It has been a while, hope all is well. I will connect with JAB for the tool but appreciate knowing you have one as well. Any recommendations on replacement pads with the factory rotors. Our MINI just turned 30K miles and still has the original pads.

Cheers,

Mike

Welcome back!

I'm a fan of Hawk Ceramics. No performance difference, but way less dust.