cmcveay

RMW Remote Tune

I'm curious as to how many in the DCMM community would be interested in getting together for an ECU tune by Jan from RMW.

Jan tunes for 1st and 2nd Gen MINI's and I can't think of a single negative post on NAM about the work that's done.

The latest I've seen is a possible tune day at Helix in Philly and I'm considering going up there for this.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/182106-rmw-tuning-day-at-helix-in-philly-mar-apr-10-a.html

If enough people are interested, maybe we can approach Dan at MACH V (they have a chassis dyno in the shop) and see if we can "steal" a Saturday or Sunday to have a group of us in for this. It beats driving to Philly so if we can pull it together, I'll pay for the coffee and doughnuts!

I don't know how to set up an RSVP to track interest so if Haemish is reading this and you can tell me how (you back from Uganda yet?). Otherwise, PM me or email me and I'll keep a running list.

Lots of threads on NAM about the quality of work and the HP/TQ gains from the procedure. Not much about it on their website though. http://www.revolutionmini.com/

If we can get a 1/2 dozen cars onboard for this, we might be able to get Jan to come out and take us to the next level... Before the Dragon!

Thanks,

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'm in for a tune

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are the advertised benefits now for a stock vehicle? Historically, or as I can remember, this is mainly beneficial to modded cars, so, unless you've got an exhaust, pulley, intake or other mod, what's the expected power gain?

Also, what preparations should be made for best results, such as oil change, fresh plugs, new air filter.... etc.?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

If the tune is REALLY only $450/R53, then we are in. Sounds to cheap though. I remember these were more like $700/$800 though.

It also depends on when. I would want this done before MOTD though. I gotta get rid of the LDG tune I have.

2 R53's

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The prices I posted on the Poll are those that I got directly from Jan yesterday. My guess is that the price is coming down a bit due to supply/demand. As I mentioned, there's still the cost of the Dyno and I'll be darned if I didn't forget to ask Dan about that when I picked Kooper up from the shop today.

The date will depend upon Jan's schedule but I'm with all of you and I want to get it done before MOTD.

If I can't get this set up and done in time, Helix in Philly is setting up a tune day in late March or early April. You may want to get your name on their list as a back up.

Tks,

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Waiting for jan to show up in the area for my clean up tune, wicked fast already. Any one know the next time hes coming out:questionmark:

2010 MCS Laurel edition RMW Tune ;-), ALTA FMIC, Invidia Q300 Exhaust, NM Eng. CAI, NM Discharge pipe, NM Charge pipe, NM Strut brace, Open hood scoop, Stri Boost gauge, Craven Speed shiftwell(black), BSH CC, and many more goodies!.

Waiting for jan to show up in the area for my clean up tune, wicked fast already. Any one know the next time hes coming out:questionmark:

Nope. If you want a new tune, contact Jan and Mach V and start the ball rolling and see if you can get Jan back here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]