JustJAY

New GoPro Hero HD

Brian,

Same here. iMove which comes on the Mac and I'm experimenting with Final Cut Express. So far, iMovie does everything I need though!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

This past weekend, I was a little bored and I created a custom mount for the GoPro. I made a mount for the front tow hook and the camera mounts using the tripod mount. It puts the camera about 16" above the road surface so I'll keep working to get it a little closer (6-8 inches) for a very unique perspective of the road! If anyone wants the details, I'll be happy to share.

little closer (6-8 inches) for a very unique perspective of the road!

Hey Craig, I was reading on GoPro's website that they are working on a firmware update that will allow using the camera upside down and the software will flip the image so it records normally. This should allow you to get a little closer :rock:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

This past weekend, I was a little bored and I created a custom mount for the GoPro. I made a mount for the front tow hook and the camera mounts using the tripod mount. It puts the camera about 16" above the road surface so I'll keep working to get it a little closer (6-8 inches) for a very unique perspective of the road! If anyone wants the details, I'll be happy to share.

We need to fabricate a bar that attaches to the tow hook, that will allow you to point the camera back at yourself, about 4-6 feet in front of the car. THEN you can film yourself, instead of 'drafting' the car in front of you (with a camera facing backward). ;)

That would make Pammy happy :biggrin:

Flipping the camera isn't a problem, iMovie will let you flip the video over.

Putting the camera on facing backwards shouldn't be too hard, just suction cup it to the hood or at the top of the windscreen and have it look in.

Some of the in car video on the GoPro website actually shows 2-3 cameras inside the car, pointing different directions. I think I'll give that a try during the autocross on Saturday. It'd be cool to have multiple cameras on the car for a run so you can put it all together to show driver, course, cones and all!

Putting the camera on facing backwards shouldn't be too hard, just suction cup it to the hood or at the top of the windscreen and have it look in.

What I'm talking about is getting the same POV as having a car driving in front of you, with a rear-facing camera. Special effects / movie production companies have a rig they attach to the car that extends out about 8-10' or so, to point to the car, for that POV. I'm just thinking of something a bit less expensive / technical ;)

Some of the in car video on the GoPro website actually shows 2-3 cameras inside the car, pointing different directions. I think I'll give that a try during the autocross on Saturday. It'd be cool to have multiple cameras on the car for a run so you can put it all together to show driver, course, cones and all!

I have 2 GoPros you can borrow, with 8GB SD cards. Will they allow them? I thought during AutoX events you were to remove all things that could move/shift/bounce around. The cameras "shouldn't" but you never know :)

They would be external so there shouldn't be any issue. Lots of folks have them on their cars.

Hmmm, now, how do we meet up... Give me a shout this evening - I'll be around the rest of the day and I'm off work until next Friday.