Coopah

Windshield Pitting

Have any other F5x drivers experienced an unusual amount of pitting on their windshield?  Coopah has about 30k miles, many of them highway miles, and the windshield is horribly pitted.  Do these cars have soft glass?  It doesn't appear to be fixable and I may look to have it replaced.  Is this common?

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 6:15 PM, Coopah said:

Have any other F5x drivers experienced an unusual amount of pitting on their windshield?  Coopah has about 30k miles, many of them highway miles, and the windshield is horribly pitted.  Do these cars have soft glass?  It doesn't appear to be fixable and I may look to have it replaced.  Is this common?

We have had issues on both the clubman (R55) and countryman (R60), seems to be a pretty common issue with the rake of the windshields in MINIs. I have been luck and not had an issue with it in my coupe (R58), but those windshield are raked back a bit more.

• Thanks 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I got a crack in the windshield on my '17 F55. I still don't know how it happened, but it started around 6 inches and quickly grew, so I had to replace it. I had Safelife in Bethesda replace it for $407. No complaints about their work. If you request a quote from Safelite and then sit on it, they'll keep emailing you with bigger and bigger discounts - I got $60 off from that.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 6:15 PM, Coopah said:

Yes, Miss.Daisy 03 mini is a magnet for them. I have replaced her windshield 3 times since I adopted her 6 years ago. And my latest replacement already has 3 stone chips!! Thankfully none had spidered and are not in places that interfere with vision. But I do have an issue with my fluid sprayers on the hood! I have to take a needle point and reposition them on a weekly basis. Anyone else have this issue?