MINI LEA

service Rep and Leather conditioner

I will eventually be taking my mini to Mini of Alexandria. Any good service reps there you can recommend?

Also, been researching leather conditioners but hope someone here can give me the name of a really good leather conditioner based on experience.

Thanks, Lea

I will eventually be taking my mini to Mini of Alexandria. Any good service reps there you can recommend?

Also, been researching leather conditioners but hope someone here can give me the name of a really good leather conditioner based on experience.

Thanks, Lea

I've been working with Frank Rivera and while he is sometimes slow to respond he has been very fair and honest to deal with. I also like Justine

As far as leather conditioner we have a vendor Odds and Ends Detailing in Sterling. I would ask Darryl what he recommends and you get a club discount buying from him just show him your membership badge. If you didn't get it yet let me know and I can confirm to Darryl that you're a member.

Right now I have a product from Prima that has done well with Tigger's leather seats but cabrios really get the leather beaten up. I have a crack in the drivers seat. This one will need a repair so I'll go to Doug who does auto upholstery and see what he can do. Last time he fixed it at a seam and it was flawless. This tear is right in the middle of the leather. :frown:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I've been working with Frank Rivera and while he is sometimes slow to respond he has been very fair and honest to deal with. I also like Justine

As far as leather conditioner we have a vendor Odds and Ends Detailing in Sterling. I would ask Darryl what he recommends and you get a club discount buying from him just show him your membership badge. If you didn't get it yet let me know and I can confirm to Darryl that you're a member.

Right now I have a product from Prima that has done well with Tigger's leather seats but cabrios really get the leather beaten up. I have a crack in the drivers seat. This one will need a repair so I'll go to Doug who does auto upholstery and see what he can do. Last time he fixed it at a seam and it was flawless. This tear is right in the middle of the leather. :frown:

:(:(:( (regarding your leather)

I'll get in touch with Darryl and ask him. Even if no discount, I would like to know the best way to care for it - before it becomes an issue ...

I think Darryl only gives discount on service and not products. Last time when I took my car in for a two-step detail I got a member discount (10%) but not on the cleaning supplies I bought.

Maybe because it was at the same time? He's always given me the discount on supplies, but I've never had him do any work on mine yet, unless he has changed recently.

IMG_0147.jpg

Thank you for directing me to Darryl. I emailed him and he answered right away and recommended Adams. So, I got in my Mini and drove out there and picked up the stuff. He was very nice and helpful! And he did give me the discount! And enjoyed the drive with the top down! :D

Thanks a lot!!

Thank you for directing me to Darryl. I emailed him and he answered right away and recommended Adams. So, I got in my Mini and drove out there and picked up the stuff. He was very nice and helpful! And he did give me the discount! And enjoyed the drive with the top down! :D

Thanks a lot!!

Great! Darryl is a great vendor. He takes care of a lot of car clubs and understands our needs

Tggrrr010.jpg

Worked with Frank Rivera at PMoA last week and concur with Ali's assessment.

A minor vent: they topped off my engine oil but forgot to replace the oil cap (it was sitting on the engine) and didn't push the dipstick in all the way. Showed this loveliness to Mark Park (service manager lead) before driving away. Not Frank's fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009 IY JCW R57 "Cinq à Sept"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, appreciate it. Might have to call him sooner than expected. Yesterday on my way back from getting the leather conditioner stuff from Darryl - the indicator that shows MPG started stroking out :( it was flashing every possible number 99, 36, 12, 30, 99, and where I would like to be getting 99 MPG, I doubt I am ... and I watch that indicator all the time because I love watching it slowly go up ...

Anyone hear of that happening before? As usual, I'm hoping it just corrects itself and goes away...

A minor vent: they topped off my engine oil but forgot to replace the oil cap (it was sitting on the engine) and didn't push the dipstick in all the way. Showed this loveliness to Mark Park (service manager lead) before driving away. Not Frank's fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing you caught it, I wouldn't have ..

Thanks, appreciate it. Might have to call him sooner than expected. Yesterday on my way back from getting the leather conditioner stuff from Darryl - the indicator that shows MPG started stroking out :( it was flashing every possible number 99, 36, 12, 30, 99, and where I would like to be getting 99 MPG, I doubt I am ... and I watch that indicator all the time because I love watching it slowly go up ...

Anyone hear of that happening before? As usual, I'm hoping it just corrects itself and goes away...

The display was probably on the current mpg, if you press the button on the end of the left stalk it will cycle through different displays on the second screen on your tac.

IMG_0147.jpg

The display was probably on the current mpg, if you press the button on the end of the left stalk it will cycle through different displays on the second screen on your tac.

I just checked it. I ran it through the cycle and it looks ok now. Maybe I hit that button or something when I was driving ... I don't know, but glad there isn't anything wrong.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

And as I cycled through I saw I have had my top down 12 hours and 55 minutes hahaha :D and she was 2 weeks old yesterday :D

Craig is the MOST helpful person ever! I never would have thought of that but it sounds right.

Tggrrr010.jpg

regarding the leather cleaner, a friend got me hooked on Zaino soft leather cleaner and conditioner (leather in a bottle). Haven't looked at the Adams leather cleaners yet but their products are pretty good.

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.