GreenCactus

Twisties and Beer!

Twisties and Beer Run (Not at the same time!!)

When and Where:

10:00am - Meet at Starbucks @ 19724 Germantown Rd, Germantown, MD 20874

10:15am - Driver's Meeting

10:30am - Depart for Rocky Point Creamery

*Please note the time change to a 10:30am departure!!

It is difficult to see the Starbucks from the road. If you are at the intersection of Germantown Road and Middlebrook Rd, there is a FedEx Office on the corner. That is the shopping center it is in. There is also a Safeway that shares the parking lot with Starbucks.

11:30am - Arrival at Rocky Point Creamery - 4323 Tuscarora Rd, Tuscarora MD, 21790

12:00pm* - Depart for Cuginis - 19616 Fisher Ave, Poolesville, MD 20837

*Departure time is approximate and flexible!

The total mileage for the run is about 65 miles. Each segment will take around an hour.

Please don't forget to bring your two-way radios. I have extras if you need to borrow one.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Would like to go. Most likely would bring my kids. If doing a brewery, the kids and I would skip that part, just wait outside.

We'd be coming from VA, and would really like to do Whites Ferry. Kids would really dig it!

:top:

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

Would like to go. Most likely would bring my kids. If doing a brewery, the kids and I would skip that part, just wait outside.

We'd be coming from VA, and would really like to do Whites Ferry. Kids would really dig it!

:top:

Let's meet up in Leesburg and then caravan to the ferry. We normally meet at Starbucks (1011 Edwards Ferry Rd NE, Leesburg)

Edit: Or would that be MINI-van?? Any other VA people want to join in?? Hilary, Ali, Gerald, Chris??

Edited by Shadow

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

SHADOW

Looking at the map and the route, the Ferry makes the most sense on the way back to VA Since we'll be close by in Poolesville for lunch. I'm just going to roll up 270 to Starbucks in Germantown for the start. I'm starting in Herndon where I live if you want to MINI-VAN up to G-town in the morning.

Let me know.

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

SHADOW

Looking at the map and the route, the Ferry makes the most sense on the way back to VA Since we'll be close by in Poolesville for lunch. I'm just going to roll up 270 to Starbucks in Germantown for the start. I'm starting in Herndon where I live if you want to MINI-VAN up to G-town in the morning.

Let me know.

I may go both ways. Only 8 bucks round trip. And the back roads between Poolesville and Germantown are awesome.

Well, I'm not going to miss out on extra back roads just to save $4!

Count me in! Meeting address and start time?

Well, I'm not going to miss out on extra back roads just to save $4!

Count me in! Meeting address and start time?

8:15

Leesburg Starbucks

1011 Edwards Ferry Rd NE

Leesburg

If you find this is too early for you and the kids, don't worry about it. This is what I plan on doing since I know it's going to take a bit of time to get across the ferry and I'm not going to go straight through Poolesville.

No problem. Meet you there.

8:15

Leesburg Starbucks

1011 Edwards Ferry Rd NE

Leesburg

If you find this is too early for you and the kids, don't worry about it. This is what I plan on doing since I know it's going to take a bit of time to get across the ferry and I'm not going to go straight through Poolesville.

Riding the ferry sounds really fun. I'm definitely interested, in either or both directions. Meeting in Leesburg at 8:15, would we make it to Germantown by 9:45? Or would we concurrently run a different route and end up meeting at Cuginis?

-Chris

Riding the ferry sounds really fun. I'm definitely interested, in either or both directions. Meeting in Leesburg at 8:15, would we make it to Germantown by 9:45? Or would we concurrently run a different route and end up meeting at Cuginis?

You'll make it by 9:45. I'm also flexible, so I'm not going to leave without anyone. We aren't on a tight timeline.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I'm in no way intending to take away from Laura's run. This is intended to be a fun route drive to get to the start of Laura's run. You may do whatever you wish. I just thought it might be fun for the VA people to go together. And yes, if we leave by 8:30, we will be in Germantown by 9:45

I'm in no way intending to take away from Laura's run. This is intended to be a fun route drive to get to the start of Laura's run. You may do whatever you wish. I just thought it might be fun for the VA people to go together. And yes, if we leave by 8:30, we will be in Germantown by 9:45

Okie sounds good. I spend a lot of time with family in Reston, so I'm in for Leesburg and ferry

-Chris

lowered cars be warned, its pretty steep on and off of the ferry

HOONIGAN

Manic stage 2+, H&R springs, H-Sport 19mm sway bar, K&N intake, Forge Bov, Miltek downpipe, Mini Challenge Exhaust, Alta hotside pipe, Noname Intercooler, Cravenspeed short shifter, Sneed4speed Billyclub, Sneed4speed Aero Package, Sneed4speed

ETR, Sneed4speed track rotors, Carbontech AX6 brake pads

lowered cars be warned, its pretty steep on and off of the ferry

Absolutely....thanks for the heads up!

I'll meet in Leesburg too, the ferry is just fun

Remember everyone is cash only on the ferry

Cool beans

Who is NOT planning on taking the ferry?
Me. No point for me, except on the way back. Thankfully I have my return pass from the last time I used it. :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129