chrimson

I'll kick it off

I did horrible, but the car does feel better. I just need to knock the rust off the driver. Also, the times handed to me and on the display board don't match the ones that were posted online. I saw Lt.Dan's runs and he looked pretty great out there. How did you do Chris?

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I did horrible, but the car does feel better. I just need to knock the rust off the driver. Also, the times handed to me and on the display board don't match the ones that were posted online. I saw Lt.Dan's runs and he looked pretty great out there. How did you do Chris?

Your class of three looks tight with less than a second delta. D-Street was nine WRXs and Mimi. Times ranged 10 seconds. I was just barely next to last and 3 seconds behind the previous guy. I know places I could have pushed it more, but it's hard to remember realtime where it's feasible to gun it. I'll be at Saturday's and will probably go try Waldorf for the first time the next day. You know anything of that, Tyler?

Edited by chrimson

-Chris

Your class of three looks tight with less than a second delta. D-Street was nine WRXs and Mimi. Times ranged 10 seconds. I was just barely next to last and 3 seconds behind the previous guy. I know places I could have pushed it more, but it's hard to remember realtime where it's feasible to gun it. I'll be at Saturday's and will probably go try Waldorf for the first time the next day. You know anything of that, Tyler?

Our class is tight, but all of us are about 3 seconds off of where we should be. We should be comparable to SM and SSP, but both classes destroyed us.

I'll be at the FedEx race on the 23rd, I believe the waldorf event is the following weekend on April 30th. I plan on running that event as well. It is a fun location and a great group to run with. A bit more laid back and more runs.

Our class is tight, but all of us are about 3 seconds off of where we should be. We should be comparable to SM and SSP, but both classes destroyed us.

I'll be at the FedEx race on the 23rd, I believe the waldorf event is the following weekend on April 30th. I plan on running that event as well. It is a fun location and a great group to run with. A bit more laid back and more runs.

Waldorf is definitely the following day, Sunday 4/24. I registered for it.

Guess it would be appropriate to list the events:

WDCR-SCCA.org #1 - FedEx Field - Saturday, April 23, 7:30am-3:30pm

AutocrossersInc.com #1 - Blue Crabs Stadium, Waldorf - Sunday, April 24, 8:00am-12pm

Edited by chrimson

-Chris

Waldorf is definitely the following day, Sunday 4/24. I registered for it.

Guess it would be appropriate to list the events:

WDCR-SCCA.org #1 - FedEx Field - Saturday, April 23, 7:30am-3:30pm

AutocrossersInc.com #1 - Blue Crabs Stadium, Waldorf - Sunday, April 24, 8:00am-12pm

Oh ok, that's autocrossers inc. That is a different club than what I am talking about. Autocrossers inc is another one of the local driving clubs. It is run similar to SCCA, uses their classing.

I will be running at Waldorf with Capital Driving Club on April 30th. All cars a classed based on weight, tires, and HP.

:motor:

Oh ok, that's autocrossers inc. That is a different club than what I am talking about. Autocrossers inc is another one of the local driving clubs. It is run similar to SCCA, uses their classing.

I will be running at Waldorf with Capital Driving Club on April 30th. All cars a classed based on weight, tires, and HP.

:eek: I didn't even know about CDC! I'll have to look into doing that too. Thanks!

-Chris

I had fun out there yesterday, but didn't do anywhere near as good as I wanted... grrr.. Sunday night, I was staring at the car thinking "I didn't change a damned thing over the winter. I should do something..." So I yanked off the back tires and set the rear swaybar to full stiff... Not my brightest move, since on course the car just didn't want to settle in the transitions... It'll be back to last season's settings before this Saturday :biggrin:

The course was great though, and I'm happy that we didn't have to deal with the temperatures being too cold..

I had fun out there yesterday, but didn't do anywhere near as good as I wanted... grrr.. Sunday night, I was staring at the car thinking "I didn't change a damned thing over the winter. I should do something..." So I yanked off the back tires and set the rear swaybar to full stiff... Not my brightest move, since on course the car just didn't want to settle in the transitions... It'll be back to last season's settings before this Saturday :biggrin:

The course was great though, and I'm happy that we didn't have to deal with the temperatures being too cold..

Yeah, the course flowed really well! I watched some peoples videos from the weekend and it really highlighted how much over braking I was doing! :stupid:

I run the BMW and SCCA events. My car is set up for STX. In SCCA the car isn't competitive but there are a few MINIs to judge your driving against. BMW has a MINI class. You guys should come try it.

Cool, thanks! If I searched correctly, according to http://nccautocross.com the next one is May 7 at FedEx Field. I'll look into doing that too

-Chris