mistertripps

DC Area Photo Spots

Anyone have some good suggestions for places where you can park your MINI and get good pictures in the area? I'm looking for interesting scenery or backdrops that will allow enough time to set up a good shot without having to rush back to the car.

Stanley - 2006 MINI Cooper S

Carmen - 2008 MINI Clubman S - The LEGO MINI

Anyone have some good suggestions for places where you can park your MINI and get good pictures in the area? I'm looking for interesting scenery or backdrops that will allow enough time to set up a good shot without having to rush back to the car.

There are a lot of places in the area.

Try some of these spots.......

• East Potomac park, early in the morning.

• George Washington Parkway

• Couple good spots along Rock Creek Park

• Around Georgetown area near Washington Habor

• Some old building along Connecticut Ave.

• Night shots around Pentagon City mall and Arlington's court house area

• Around Key Bridge

• etc.

Suggest to spend a day drive...drive and drive around town. Lots of hidden photo op spots in town.

Hope this help. :biggrin:

All, I'll really like to get some updated artwork / pics to dress up our forum, so if you have something, let me or one of the board members know. Those banners at the top are quite old :laugh:

Especially some stuff with a "DC" theme to them... but, any DCMM MINI stuff is cool. ...also, notice the width to height aspect ratio.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Hey all,

I was lucky to win the photo session with Craig at the MTTB5 raffle. I am trying to find some possible locations. I was thinking older European architecture (i.e. row-houses, cobblestone) Alexandria of course comes to mind but always heavily trafficked by people and vehicle.

Anyone have any good idea, I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks all

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Hey all,

I was lucky to win the photo session with Craig at the MTTB5 raffle. I am trying to find some possible locations. I was thinking older European architecture (i.e. row-houses, cobblestone) Alexandria of course comes to mind but always heavily trafficked by people and vehicle.

Anyone have any good idea, I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks all

If it'll help, I won't lock you into "one and done" so we can try a couple of places if you have ideas.

If it's okay with you, Sundays work better for me as I am usually out in the middle of the woods (hunting) on Saturdays.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

We've done some photo shoots at Lorton prison in the past. It's got some great rustic background options. Ali can probably give you a link of some she's taken...

The prison was a really good spot, the club photo was the first event I brought watson to after getting him.

Ali took some awesome photos, I have one as my desktop at work.

1975Mini001.jpg

If it'll help, I won't lock you into "one and done" so we can try a couple of places if you have ideas.

If it's okay with you, Sundays work better for me as I am usually out in the middle of the woods (hunting) on Saturdays.

That is fine, i would never ask someone to disrupt there hunting. I will shoot you a pm with ideas in a next couple days. thanks again

1975Mini001.jpg