Goose

Car seemingly falling apart all at once...

Click the link to ECS. That's an old thread. The part is now $1111.50. That's really not cool of MINI to jack up the prices like that. :frown:

All because they are a crappy part to begin with and people need them...often. So why not jack up the price? Hard to run your car without it if it totally fails. :hmpf:

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

Perhaps, if you're open to a used part, check out car-part.com. Prices seem to range from $100-900 or so. However, if you're only getting 40K out of them, it may be best to go new OEM.

I can't believe that they cost nearly $1200.

2006 Mini Cooper S

I am very happy to report that our own insider, Celia (indicooper) informed me that BMW did in fact extend the warranty on HPFPs for certain years up to 120K miles. I figure I'd report this in case anyone else has this issue currently. It's nothing like expecting to have to shell out more than a grand and then getting the good news that it's covered.:party:

Edited by Shadow

I am very happy to report that our own insider, Celia (indicooper) informed me that BMW did in fact extended the warranty on HPFPs for certain years up to 120K miles. I figure I'd report this in case anyone else has this issue currently. It's nothing like expecting to have to shell out more than a grand and then getting the good news that it's covered.:party:

I'm glad it's covered but I'm surprised that you weren't told that right off the bat. Yay Celia for taking care of you

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm glad it's covered but I'm surprised that you weren't told that right off the bat. Yay Celia for taking care of you

Agreed...but apparently this new coverage has started within the last month.

sweet, sounds like they may be trying to get ahead of the class action law suit for HPFP. Since they already had to settle one for the timing chain, and I believe they are about to settle the water pump one.

I am very happy to report that our own insider, Celia (indicooper) informed me that BMW did in fact extended the warranty on HPFPs for certain years up to 120K miles. I figure I'd report this in case anyone else has this issue currently. It's nothing like expecting to have to shell out more than a grand and then getting the good news that it's covered.:party:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels