CarlB

2015 1st Annual DCMM Brew Tasting

Haemish and I have our beer from the MOTD Brew Swap and we would like to invite everyone to come and enjoy the brew we collected. Please come and bring additional beer and/or cider you enjoy to share with everyone. Sample all the different beers we collected at the brew swap. We have about 50 microbrew beers! The two of us are particularly fond of hoppy beers (e.g. IPAs), but there are a number of other non-hoppy beers in the mix too. There will be some ciders too, not just beer. Bring food or order out (we will have flyers available for nearby delivery places) and enjoy some different brew.

WHERE:

Carl & Faith Bauersfeld's house

5386 Summit Drive

Fairfax, VA 22030

WHEN: Saturday, September 12 @ 3:30pm

In the first comment post below is the current list (Excel spreadsheet) of brews we have collected for the event. If you have more to bring, send the list of what you have to Haemish and I, and we will update the list. We will have print outs of the list for everyone at the event. The idea is that after tasting each beer, you can rank it according to your personal preferences... and then you know what to look for later when you are brew shopping!

Attached is the current list of brews that we have so far. I will update this attachment as people submit more to us that they are bringing to the event.

2015 DCMM Brew Tasting.xlsx

2015 DCMM Brew Tasting.xlsx

Edited by Edge
Updated brew list

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I will be in Nelson County next weekend and can get something from Blue Mountain, Devils Backbone, Wild Wolf, and/or Hard Rock Cider. If anyone has any suggestions or requests let me know.
I gather you meant Bold Rock?

If you can get their IPA ("India Pressed Apple"), that would be awesome! I don't think they sell it in bottles yet, it's only on tap in the cidery tasting room... but it might be possible to get a growler of it. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Bold Rock, yes. Brain cramp.

According to their website, India Pressed Apple is still only available in growler refills.

Unlike beer, I don't think cider goes bad simply when going from cold to warm temps. If that's true (the cidery will know), and you can swing a growler of their IPA, that would be fantastic!

I have updated the brew list in the 1st comment - a few more have been added, including a rare (for the USA) pear cider from Sweden that I brought back with me on my last trip to Australia. You can't buy it here! :)

Looking forward to the event! It should be fun and delicious! :top:

You have the address, but here are some things to help. I live off of Lee Hwy Route 29 just on the Centerville side of the Fairfax County Parkway. The first light on 29 after the parkway turn Left on Summit Drive. The road will split in about 100 yards. Go to the right at the split. Turn left in the third driveway. Count driveways you will not see the house until you are in the drive. The second and third drive are side by side. If you see new houses on the left you went to far. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

The list has been updated once more. It adds a "Brew Type/Style" column and the ABV for each brew, plus some minor formatting changes.

Thanks to Laura for your idea and efforts to make the list more thorough!

If you're on the fence about coming because you don't have any new/interesting beer or cider to bring... come anyway! We have plenty of brew, more than the 9 currently RSVPed "Yeses" (as of this post) can drink. :smile:

Come on out and try some new brews! :beerglass::beer::beerglass:

With Laura's newest additions, we now have 76 varieties of brew in 89 bottles! (some are doubles). :top:

So the Brew Tasting (10 days ago :embarassed:) was a blast! However, we had way more brews than we could possibly consume with only 9 people. We did manage to sample 28 varieties though. :biggrin:

In any case, at the end of the event we all agreed to call that "Round 1" and we had to have another one soon - after all, we still have plenty left in Carl & Faith's fridge. I think we're looking at mid-October. I'll firm up the date with Carl and we'll post the Round 2 event soon.

Even if you missed this event, you ought to try to make it to the next one. :beer:

I have updated the spreadsheet in the first comment to show what we had in Round 1 and what still remains.

So the Brew Tasting (10 days ago :embarassed:) was a blast! However, we had way more brews than we could possibly consume with only 9 people. We did manage to sample 28 varieties though. :biggrin:

In any case, at the end of the event we all agreed to call that "Round 1" and we had to have another one soon - after all, we still have plenty left in Carl & Faith's fridge. I think we're looking at mid-October. I'll firm up the date with Carl and we'll post the Round 2 event soon.

Even if you missed this event, you ought to try to make it to the next one. :beer:

I have updated the spreadsheet in the first comment to show what we had in Round 1 and what still remains.

You can always start a new tradition, DCMM Oktoberfest! (Yes, I know Oktoberfest actually starts in September and ends in October, but you already have it started!)

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13