TGGRRR (Ali)

Stereo head

Tigger came with an after market stereo which I've replaced several times. The Sony head that's in there now is giving me grief (It's possessed) and while the guy that did the install was really nice I've had to go back too many times and they did some wonky install things (like speaker wires getting severed by the window mechanism) so I don't want to go back.

PTuning doesn't do this kind of work. I just need to buy a new head and replace it. Maybe another Sony, I just want it to be compatible with the Sirius tuner.

Who's good to go to for this kind of work? Best Buy hasn't impressed me either. This should be simple

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I can't do it myself because I have an injured thumb (trigger thumb) and my grip strength is pretty bad. I would wind up hurting myself and Mark doesn't need that :biggrin:

Basically the front buttons are only working when they feel like it and the cup holder and the usb port fight each other as the cup holder slams into the usb where my iPod is attached. This causes the iPod to constantly get disconnected.

IF I try to do any changes like skip a song from the stereo head it usually will just do nothing or eject the iPod. I can only control it from the steering wheel, but if it's below freezing my steering wheel controls don't work (been like this since the day I got him and because I have an after market stereo the dealer couldn't fix it, they tried though). when I listen to Sirius IF the cup holder decides to slam into the usb it just puts me back to my iPod and the buttons to trigger the Sirius might not let me go back to it.

Sometimes the volume control knob works, sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes it's all just fine but those good days are not that often anymore.

Possessed!!!

I have no issues with buying something online but I really can't do the install so I need to find a place that can

Tggrrr010.jpg

The Crutchfield suggestion is a good one, and if you don't mind driving to Charlottesville I think they do offer installation services. Worth asking about.

Charlottesville is a lovely drive, maybe we can do that this Spring. I'll have to confirm that they'll do an install.

I used to love the install shop at Tweeter but they're long gone

Tggrrr010.jpg

Just replacing the radio? Can you wait till the next nice weekend we have? If so, pick up a new one and we'll slap it in there...

That's all I need, The speakers are good and so is the Sirius tuner.

I don't know how to which radio is compatible with the Sirius tuner, I have had issues in the past where only certain ones are compatible with each other. I'm sure I can figure it out though

Tggrrr010.jpg