Stephatron

Who uses MINI of Sterling?

Congrats, glad MOS was able to take care of you.

Warranties do not cover pre-existing issues, after about 3 months of having your policy it is pretty difficult for them to prove something was pre-existing. Not many cover things like clutches, brakes, bushings. These are ware parts and are often identified by name as not covered. There are likely plans that cover these, but would charge more as these are guaranteed to need replacing.

Bushings are pretty easy to do, the clutch sucks as you have to undo one side of the subframe.

Probably be beneficial just to look into an extended warranty.. Buy that and use that for clutch and bushings.. Anyone know if extended warranties cover things that have already broke?

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Congrats, glad MOS was able to take care of you.

Warranties do not cover pre-existing issues, after about 3 months of having your policy it is pretty difficult for them to prove something was pre-existing. Not many cover things like clutches, brakes, bushings. These are ware parts and are often identified by name as not covered. There are likely plans that cover these, but would charge more as these are guaranteed to need replacing.

Bushings are pretty easy to do, the clutch sucks as you have to undo one side of the subframe.

Mark's clutch and brakes have been covered under the extended Maintenance warranty. His clutch went out right as his maintenance warranty was running out so it was a no brainer to buy the extended warranty which cost the same as replacing the clutch.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I think "extended maintenance" and "extended warranty" are two different things. I would expect the clutch to be more likely covered by extended maintenance than by extended warranty, as it is considered a wear & tear item. My clutch is on the way out too... I had the highest level of extended warranty until it expired last November, and I was told it still did not cover the clutch.

Don't get me wrong, the extended warranty on a MINI is worth every penny IMO... I haven't gathered up my receipts yet to tally them up but my case is a shining example of when an extended warranty is worth it! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Yup, that's why I clearly stated maintenance warranty :biggrin:
Yep - but then he bought an extended warranty... which won't cover the clutch next time, so that's all I wanted to clarify so there's no confusion. :angel:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I recently paid a visit to MOS and my experience couldn't have been better. I brought my '13 fJCW in for OEM parts install (GP rear diffuser and underbelly pan). My advisor, Jack Conate, he was super helpful from beginning to end. Since I am new to Mini, I had a lot of questions about operating the car/how-to. Jack was very patient throughout the process. What's more, he gave me a very good discount on the labor because there was some unexpected delay on the OEM parts. While it was a minor inconvenience, MOS had made significant effort to let me know that I am a valued customer.

Hope my feedback helps.