TGGRRR (Ali)

stock R52/ R53 air filter

So I got a letter from the warranty people today that they will no longer cover any engine claims because I have an after market CAI. I don't remember where the old air filter is but does anyone have an old one that they don't want?

I have about 9,000 miles or until May before this thing expires and will have to switch it out so it passes inspection before any warranty work.

Funny since they just paid thousands out for the new super charger and have paid all kinds of other claims with the CAI installed

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

if you need one, you can always swap with me :biggrin: with our baby due in a couple of days i doubt i'll be driving the mini much in the month of july

I'm good right now but I want to have one in the house for times when Tigger has to go in. From what I remember it's a really easy job to switch them out. Glad they didn't call me out for the after market exhaust. I can't complain really, this warranty has covered a ton of stuff

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

It has to look stock

If this is the case, then you'll need to change the whole intake box, not just the filter. I don't understand why this would suddenly be a problem, years ago there was a lot of debate/discussion about the Moss/magnusen ? act. I think here on these forums, will need to search though.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com