Jasen Hicks

Stopping in to say hello!

Hi everyone, I am Jasen. I have been a proud Mini owner since 2009 when I picked my Cooper S up fresh off of the boat in Stamford, CT. It was a real beauty. I had grand plans to do a lot of upgrades to it this summer... until two days ago when I dropped it off at Passport to get the JCW Brembo Brake kit put on it....

Instead of getting the brakes installed when I dropped it off I ended up buying JCW GP #381 and trading in my S.

Incidentally, I joined the forums a few days before upgrading... so i went from a hobbyist to a no-kidding enthusiast making Mini the first car I ever bought two of!

Look forward to sharing stories and seeing what happens with the club. Most likely will join to partake in some of the driving runs, outings, etc.

Jasen

Hi everyone, I am Jasen. I have been a proud Mini owner since 2009 when I picked my Cooper S up fresh off of the boat in Stamford, CT. It was a real beauty. I had grand plans to do a lot of upgrades to it this summer... until two days ago when I dropped it off at Passport to get the JCW Brembo Brake kit put on it....

Instead of getting the brakes installed when I dropped it off I ended up buying JCW GP #381 and trading in my S.

Incidentally, I joined the forums a few days before upgrading... so i went from a hobbyist to a no-kidding enthusiast making Mini the first car I ever bought two of!

Look forward to sharing stories and seeing what happens with the club. Most likely will join to partake in some of the driving runs, outings, etc.

Jasen

Congrats! Great buy and welcome to the forum!

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Welcome welcome.

I hear the brakes on the GP are even more aggressive than what you were upgrading too, so you're really loving the braking power...and acceleration...and cornering...and...:-)

I look forward to seeing you at an event soon, if you can stop zooming long enough :-))

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I'm arranging the Dragon Back trip for 5 July. I am going to get up early and drive out that way... stay the night and do some National Park Visiting the next day. Apparently, it's pretty beautiful out that way. Plus a couple hundred bucks in food, gas, and lodging is worth it.

Everyone is invited to drive out if they want to come... I mean seriously, whats a better way to celebrate freedom and democracy from the UK than driving our English Born cars?

I'm arranging the Dragon Back trip for 5 July. I am going to get up early and drive out that way... stay the night and do some National Park Visiting the next day. Apparently, it's pretty beautiful out that way. Plus a couple hundred bucks in food, gas, and lodging is worth it.

Everyone is invited to drive out if they want to come... I mean seriously, whats a better way to celebrate freedom and democracy from the UK than driving our English Born cars?

Sounds apropo, but I'll be on my annual pilgrimage in Denver the week of July 4th.

Do have a safe and enjoyable run.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13