joewp

New to forum, new to MINI!

Hey all,

Two weeks ago I bought an '04 R50. I've always wanted this car, and had the chance to get one at a good price, plus the transmission on my 04 Honda Accord was dying...

Anyway, I'm in love with it! It is also, the first stick shift I've ever driven, so that's been fun, in D.C. You may have seen me, the mini is Red with a white top, and it had a sign in the window that said "Learning stick shift, SORRY" I'm also a professional pet sitter, and had to drive from West Georgetown to a house in the Hybia Valley every night and morning, starting the day after I picked up the car, so I kinda had to learn stick fast!

I would like to become a member of DCMM, but am moving to New Orleans at some point in the next few months...

Anyway, my name is Joe, I'm a musician and a pet sitter, and I love my mini!

Welcome Welcome to the form. learning stick on MINI'S is pretty easy. My MINI (rocko) was my first car i learned stick i got it down in like 4 days. But welcome to the form hope to meet you soon before you move.

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Welcome Joe! We hope to meet both of you at an event before you head off to my birthplace! What are you gonna be doing down there in the "Big Easy"?

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Hey all,

Two weeks ago I bought an '04 R50. I've always wanted this car, and had the chance to get one at a good price, plus the transmission on my 04 Honda Accord was dying...

Anyway, I'm in love with it! It is also, the first stick shift I've ever driven, so that's been fun, in D.C. You may have seen me, the mini is Red with a white top, and it had a sign in the window that said "Learning stick shift, SORRY" I'm also a professional pet sitter, and had to drive from West Georgetown to a house in the Hybia Valley every night and morning, starting the day after I picked up the car, so I kinda had to learn stick fast!

I would like to become a member of DCMM, but am moving to New Orleans at some point in the next few months...

Anyway, my name is Joe, I'm a musician and a pet sitter, and I love my mini!

Hey Joe! Welcome to the forum!:itsme:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Thanks for the warm welcome all! I'm contemplating starting a pet care company in Nola, but we'll see how that goes...

I think I've taken to the stick quite well, but I've already thought about swapping out the transmission fluid in a month or so. I haven't ground the gears to much, maybe a handful of times, but I'm thinking it may not be a bad idea!

Next weekend I'll be taking my first long drive with it, down to Staunton, I'm pretty excited!

Welcome Joe

I am Ali aka the MINI namer

Did you name your new baby yet?

Welcome to the forums

Wow, a full week before Ali brought up the name question. I think that is a new record:rofl:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Hey Guys, I was thinking Ruby as a name. I've just been throwing it out there with my wife, and it seems to be sticking.

We had our first long drive, from D.C., down to Charlottesville, then to Staunton, then home. Lot's of backroad driving, including my friends serpentine mile long, secluded "driveway" Quite an experience, and a ton of fun!

Hey Guys, I was thinking Ruby as a name. I've just been throwing it out there with my wife, and it seems to be sticking.

We had our first long drive, from D.C., down to Charlottesville, then to Staunton, then home. Lot's of backroad driving, including my friends serpentine mile long, secluded "driveway" Quite an experience, and a ton of fun!

Ruby is a great name! :congrats:

You have made your MINI smile :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Burning rubber is always a better smell then burning clutch. Before you know it; it will all be second nature, and till then it gives you a reason to motor in your mini. not that anyone really needs a reason.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels