68wmcs

DCMM Photo Shoot

DCMM Photo Shoot

When: March 09, 2013

Time: 8:45 am

Locations: #1 Lorton Prison & #2 Springfield Mall Macy's parking structure

Photographer: Alicyn Drew

PM me if you have and I will provide anyone with my cellphone # if you don't already have it.

This event will be open to all members, future members and guests. Both locations provide adequate room for plenty of cars. Any member/guest that would like to bring along their own camera equipment to help or take their own pictures, please do. Ali can help people that are beginners to photography and we can all work together to get great shots.

If you haven't been to any DCMM meets this would be a great opportunity to get to know the MINI family.

Everyone will meet at Panera then we'll drive as a group to Lorton. During the group drive, I ask that everyone drive safely.

Timeline:

8:45am-9:30am: Meet at Panera

9:30am-10:00am: Drive to Lorton location

10:00am-TBD: PICTURE TIME!

Update: Start point will be Panera

Vincent Gate Terrace #1185

5578 Vincent Gate Terrace

Alexandria, VA 22312

If you don't want to meet at Panera feel free to meet us in Lorton:

Coming from Arlington/Alexandria/D.C.

Address: 8400 Lorton Rd., Lorton, VA

1. Merge I-395 S toward Richmond

2. Continue onto Interstate 395 Connector S/Interstate 95 Connector S

3. Merge onto I-95 S

4. Take exit 163 for VA-642 toward Lorton

5. Turn right onto VA-642/Lorton Rd

6. Turn right at this sign which is 1/4 mile from the light and follow all the way through:

image-15-1_zps555b9371.jpeg

Here's a screenshot headed South:

howtogettolorton_zpsca80ea68.png

If you have any suggestions or ideas please post them.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

This is going to be SO MUCH FUN, and I need to get some pics together for Tigger's feature in MC2 magazine so the timing is perfect :top:

[cough]DCMMneedalikebutton[cough]

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Just stopped by Location #1 and spoke to the security service there and we'll be allowed to shoot anywhere along the outside of the gates.

Ali, let me know if you want some fill lights! I can swipe some from work for the weekend. This sounds like a blast!!!

I'll probably bring my speedlites but bring your lights too. Are they continuous?

I hope anyone coming is going to bring their equipment and be ready to shoot. Last year we had a feeding frenzy of ideas with everyone coming up with fun, new ways to shoot the MINIs.

I'm really excited about this years shoot and our new locations that Mike has worked so hard to find.

I'll be bringing my Canon 5D, a couple of lenses, Speedlites, light stands, umbrellas, tripod etc. But don't let that stop you if all you have is a phone camera then bring that!!!

What kind of equipment is everyone else planning to bring?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I have a ton of sb900's (Nikon) and a bunch of continuous lights that double as strobes so anything you guys need. I have a ton of stuff just sitting around at work. Umbrellas, soft boxes, d4's if you need full frame. I'm here to help but will plan on bringing lighting stuff but let me know if you are missing something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a ton of sb900's (Nikon) and a bunch of continuous lights that double as strobes so anything you guys need. I have a ton of stuff just sitting around at work. Umbrellas, soft boxes, d4's if you need full frame. I'm here to help but will plan on bringing lighting stuff but let me know if you are missing something.

Hopefully Craig will come too, he shoots Nikon.

Are you a photographer?

I love continuos lights, I have a bank of LED lights that I use frequently. My Canon is a full frame, its just an older model. By older model it's about 3 or 4 years old, practically ancient in the camera world. Right now I don't have the money to upgrade, but would probably go used again and still be a little behind in technology.

I can't wait to see your new MINI. I haven't seen the copper color yet :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hopefully Craig will come too, he shoots Nikon.

Are you a photographer?

I love continuos lights, I have a bank of LED lights that I use frequently. My Canon is a full frame, its just an older model. By older model it's about 3 or 4 years old, practically ancient in the camera world. Right now I don't have the money to upgrade, but would probably go used again and still be a little behind in technology.

I can't wait to see your new MINI. I haven't seen the copper color yet :top:

Yep, I'm a photog :) my theory on gear is if it works its never old. The continuos lights that we have are nice and we have a bunch. So I'll bring as many as I can carry out. Just have to figure a power source.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, I'm a photog :) my theory on gear is if it works its never old. The continuos lights that we have are nice and we have a bunch. So I'll bring as many as I can carry out. Just have to figure a power source.

Does anyone have one of those power converters that plugs into the cig lighter?

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Does anyone have one of those power converters that plugs into the cig lighter?

Yep..mine has two ports....if everything goes to plan i do plan on attending this and will bring it with me

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Hmm might have to throw the RS's back on for this.

You're the only one that knows what wheels I'm putting on next, so you have to put your RS's on and come join.

I need to get my Rotas on for the shoot, even though I like my winter rims, I want my Rotas back on

Weather should be good to have your Rota's on for a day, right?