GreenCactus

The Great Pumpkin Run II

Current Outlook

• Saturday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Saturday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Sunday A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 68.
  • Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Current Outlook

• Saturday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

• Saturday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

• Sunday A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 68.

• Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.

Thanks Nick

So the weather looks hopeful :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Current forecast outlook has the rain falling after 2pm on Sat and up to Sun early morning becoming nice most of Sun.

• Saturday A chance of showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 79. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Saturday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Sunday A slight chance of showers in the early morning. Partly sunny, with a high near 70.

Based on your directions here is it in Google Maps also for those like me that like pretty pictures...:biggrin:

http://goo.gl/maps/dSiqP

I was just checking out Great Country Farm's website and noticed this weekend is the Cider Festival. It sounds fun, but they charge a little more when there's a festival (which seems to be every weekend).

The updated admissions fees are:

$12/adult

$10/child (3-10)

I also noticed this:

Children 2 years and under, Active Duty and Retired Military ID card holders, CSA members and Fan of the Farm Season Pass holders, are free of charge.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

(which seems to be every weekend).

Wow...last weekend was the bluemont festival...seems to be party central...lol

Wow! Cider festival AND a stop at Gilberts Corner for Lobster and/or BBQ! That's gonna make it a really fun event! :)

The Cider Festival sealed the deal for me from the get go! Went a few years ago and it is a GREAT day! Do note that there WILL be lots of bees flying around (especially once the day warms up and the sun hits the barns). I have never been stung or bothered by the bees there - they just want the cider-goodness!

The Bluemont Fair last weekend was fun! Its a mini-Waterford Festival (which is Oct 5-7 this year) if you have ever been to that. The drive out there was perfect and made me look forward to this weekend!

Knowing the area - for the drive home - if you have to go up to Route 7 to get home and fear gravel roads, turn left from Foggy Bottom Road onto Snickersville Pike and go THROUGH Bluemont, turn Right onto Clayton Hall Road which will take you to 7 (go right to go East, left to go West). If you go on Yellow Schoolhouse it IS gravel most of the way, very pretty, but gravel all the same.

See you Sunday!

Children 2 years and under, Active Duty and Retired Military ID card holders, CSA members and Fan of the Farm Season Pass holders, are free of charge.

Wow! Cider festival AND a stop at Gilberts Corner for Lobster and/or BBQ! That's gonna make it a really fun event! :)

Free for Active Duty, cidar, and lobster!!! Last minute change for me, I have to go to the field Sunday-Tuesday! Wish I didn't have to miss this one. :banghead:

I'll update if anything changes.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Do note that there WILL be lots of bees flying around (especially once the day warms up and the sun hits the barns). I have never been stung or bothered by the bees there - they just want the cider-goodness!

Current weather looks like it will take care of them for us as the wind should knock them down for the day :biggrin:

• Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Knowing the area - for the drive home - if you have to go up to Route 7 to get home and fear gravel roads, turn left from Foggy Bottom Road onto Snickersville Pike and go THROUGH Bluemont, turn Right onto Clayton Hall Road which will take you to 7 (go right to go East, left to go West). If you go on Yellow Schoolhouse it IS gravel most of the way, very pretty, but gravel all the same.

When I planned this run the first time, I did a lot of turning around. There's a tons of gravel roads out this way.

Don't worry - this run is GRAVEL FREE! (Unless you count the parking lot at the Farm or if you go to the winery.)

Current weather looks like it will take care of them for us as the wind should knock them down for the day :biggrin:

• Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

I see no reason to change the date or cancel. Unless the forecast changes drastically, we're on!

Bees... not again. I don't want a repeat of last weekend. :frown::willy::willy::willy::willy:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Yeah, no more sharing your soda with the bee's Laura! It wasn't fair when you tried to eat the poor little fella!

My GPS actually has "unpaved roads" as an avoidance now. It's only failed me a couple of times.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Gonna be an absolute beautiful day....

• Sunday Sunny, with a high near 69. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph.

Also we are gonna drive past the farm and try to meet up with the group on their approach that way we can all enter together..Finally found my walkie talkie..:biggrin:

I just checked the "What's Picking" page at Great Country Farms. Not pumpkins. :(

Honey crisp apples can be picked.

I'm not changing the name of the run to the Great Apple Run, though.

For the Cheese Lovers, there is a great cheese at Trade Joes that goes nicely with Honey Crisp apples.

It is Creamy Toscano Cheese dusted with Cinnamon. You will not be dissappointed!

Sadly, I sit here with a nice block of it and no Honey Crisp! :frown:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Saw you all this morning at Caribou. Made me miss my mini. I was in the red doorless Jeep and said hello as I went past. Got some confused looks lol.

I saw you go by in the Jeep. I thought you were just enthusiastic about seeing all the MINIs. :itsme:

Right before you drove by, another prior club member came over to tell us he was in DCMM in 2005 but sold his MINI for a Camaro.

I just checked the "What's Picking" page at Great Country Farms. Not pumpkins. :(

Honey crisp apples can be picked.

I'm not changing the name of the run to the Great Apple Run, though.

They did have Punkin Picking, my daughter picked two.

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

A big Thank You to Laura for organizing a fun day out! My first time to GCF and I had a great time! :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

A big Thank You to Laura for organizing a fun day out! My first time to GCF and I had a great time! :top:

She did do a great job! It was also my first GCF and we had a blast.