Nanite

MINI Noobie in Northern VA

Hello,

Just purchased an EXCEPTIONALLY well kept 2007 MCS (Not sure of the color...it says Astro Black but it looks BLUE). I love it. Not sure what mods were made to the vehicle, but I love the Alta 3" Cat-Back exhaust on it. I hope to learn much here and hopefully make some mods of my own. Like adding the Alta Boost Gauge & Water Temp Gauge (Mach V installation of course).

Seriously considering joining the group and getting in on some of the group rides. Hope to learn all I can and have fun doing so.

Holla!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

welcome hope to meet you soon and .... JOIN!!!! lol :p its a great group of people here we don't bite :)

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Thanks for the warm welcome! We're seriously considering joining. Just went to Berkeley Springs, WV today and it was SOOOOO fun.

Question: Is the Ian Cull Auto-up circuit a DIY install? Will Mach V install it when I have them install the Boost & Water Temp Guages? Which CAI is VERY GOOD? (Considering Alta Turbo Intake System)

Edited by Nanite

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

i think it is not %100 sure. i think it goes on like the back of the toggle switch board other people would know

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Thank you! This car is SOOOO fun to drive. I'm going to go broke making modifications to it.

Rims! I want different rims.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the forums! Are you sure you were wanting to ask about the Ian Cull Auto up? That's a device for 1st Gen MINI. Some of the stuff that does, the 2nd Gen already does (one touch up/down windows) and for most of the others, there's the AutoSport + and it is a DIY install.

It'll help to remember that yours is an R56 (2nd Generation MINI Cooper S Hatchback). There is a thread on the forum with all of the "lingo" and also the model numbers. In general, R55 and R56 things are interchangeable and the R57 has lots of stuff that's shared as well.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Welcome to you and Blak

I love to see a MINI with a name, it shows the love :love:

You were asking about the CAI, I think a lot of the second gens are running the Defenders of Speed.

I have a first gen and run a DDM Works, they make one for 2nd gens too. I'm sure you'll get better feedback from the members that are actually driving second gens then from me.

It's great to hear how excited you are about your MINI, the obsession only grows. These little guys are too much fun :motor:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Welcome to the forums! Are you sure you were wanting to ask about the Ian Cull Auto up? That's a device for 1st Gen MINI. Some of the stuff that does, the 2nd Gen already does (one touch up/down windows) and for most of the others, there's the AutoSport + and it is a DIY install.

It'll help to remember that yours is an R56 (2nd Generation MINI Cooper S Hatchback). There is a thread on the forum with all of the "lingo" and also the model numbers. In general, R55 and R56 things are interchangeable and the R57 has lots of stuff that's shared as well.

CMCVEAY, Thanks for the info. I was sure it's an R56, but the "one touch up /down windows" don't seen to work on Blak or I just don't have "the touch" for doing it correctly yet. I'll look into the AutoSport +. 2007 FULLY loaded with a few EXTRAS and less than 30K miles....what a steal!

TGGRRR, I was looking at the DoS website last night and find their CAI setup interesting. More research is definitely in order. I'll have to go meet those Mach V guys (since I've already decided that they are going to do most [if not all] of the work on Blak). I'm leaning towards having mostly Alta parts installed since I love the exhaust and since I'm going to have the Alta Boos & Water Temp gauges installed.

Rickyr53, it might be lowered...not sure. I do know that it feels like I can drive over a dime and tell you if its on heads or tails. Has tinted windows & stubby antenna. Flies like the wind! I really love the sound of the Alta exhaust. Not sure if I'll ever use the driving lights but I like the look.

Maybe I come to one of your meet & greets and find out just what I have. Yeah, I'm seriously considering joining DCMM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you most definately have atro black, the super metalic makes it almost look blue in some light, my dads old R53 was astro black and i use to think it was blue too lol

As for auto ups it should just work on your car, check the settings and if it still doesnt work talk to the dealership cause R56s definately come standard with auto up

I have the DoS intake on STKRS and LOVE it!! it makes a really cool wooosh noise!:rock:

Welcome!!!:itsme::itsme::itsme:

Any plans on De-chroming????

**Dodges Thrown Items**

HA it wasnt me that brought it up!:aetsch:

but since we're on the topic, being a fellow black MINI owner you gotta black out the chrome, its kinda the unspoken code. And with that i suggest plasti dip, it does AMAZING things!:rock:

**Dodges Thrown Items**

Don't you dare harm that BEAUTIFUL CHROME!!!

Seriously, looks nice! :rock:

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

Tattrat & LolaMINI - Thanks for the warm welcome.

IndiCooper - I'm still learning about the MINI's. Just getting into the settings. Don't think the dealer I purchased from knows too much about MINI's and not sure if I'd feel comfortable going to MINI of Sterling and asking questions since I didn't purchase from them. I'm seriously leaning towards the DoS CAI.

nHarrison21 - Thanks for the welcome. I really don't think "My Boo" is going to let me de-chrome Blak. I know she's going to side with Wizzer and hang foot in me if I do. (But I will ask. Yes, Blak is mine but if my boo isn't happy...I'm not happy.)

68WMCS - Thanks! Yeah, I love the stance. Whomever had it before me put a lot of money into it. I'm going to put a bit more into it starting with those Boost & Exhaust Gas Temp Gauges, a CAI and working my way around to some Wet Okole Seat covers and eventually some Different rims but no rims before I get some New Brakes (Something like Wilwood Red Caliper/Slotted-Drilled Rotors & brakes).

I see "The 2012 Mach V Mega Colossal Meet and Charity Car Show" is taking place this coming weekend. I intend to attend just to see who I can meet AND to meet the folks at Mach V. The AutoCross School looks interesting as well.

We took Blak to Berkeley Springs, WV last Sunday and we plan to ride to Monticello this Sunday.

Holla!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congrats on the new MINI! This is a great group of people who do a wonderful job of welcoming and befriending new folks. They adopted me when I was in NOVA for a few months back in 2009 and they made such an impression that I still like to hang out on the boards and get together with them when I can even though I've been back in Atlanta for 2-1/2 years. Good luck with the mods - you've got a great looking car to start with. But, speaking as one of the members of the Dark Side, I second the motion to de-chrome. Plasti-dip is your friend!

Stanley - 2006 MINI Cooper S

Carmen - 2008 MINI Clubman S - The LEGO MINI

**Dodges Thrown Items**

HA it wasnt me that brought it up!:aetsch:

but since we're on the topic, being a fellow black MINI owner you gotta black out the chrome, its kinda the unspoken code. And with that i suggest plasti dip, it does AMAZING things!:rock:

You most certainly do not have to de-chrome just because your MINI is black in color. In fact, it'd be an appealing contrast of black body and a little more chrome :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:, a la Savile Row MINI Cooper

Edited by LostDenverite

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Thanks MisterTripps! I shudder when I just think about the word "DIP." I conjure up images of runs & drips on the components.

LostDenverite - That Saville Row MINI is AWESOME. Now that has inspired me to keep the chrome. That was stylish, elegant and just plain HOT!!!!!!!

Chrome plating & perhaps "CHROME" plasti-dip will be my friends.

MINI COOPER SAVILLE ROW just made desktop wallpaper for me. (That's just...BEAST!)

Que the theme music (Blak whispers.........I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chrome plating & perhaps "CHROME" plasti-dip will be my friends.

MINI COOPER SAVILLE ROW just made desktop wallpaper for me. (That's just...BEAST!)

Que the theme music (Blak whispers.........I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord)

My work here is done.:biggrin:

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13