TheMichael

Greetings Fellow Motorers!

That guy on the mini phone line is really getting annoying, but....

Hello! I've been lurking around here (and other forums) for a bit, but finally took the plunge and signed up. According to the aforementioned annoying guy, my Roadster S is at the port awaiting transport, and the wait is finally getting to me. Hopefully you'll be seeing me zipping around with the top down in a couple of weeks! Since this is my first mini, it's nice to know that there are local people around that I can ask questions and get advice. I do tend to over think things a bit...

-michael

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get your Roadster S soon so you can be motoring with us. Yes we're a great community and always helpful when you have a question.

1st lesson any MINIac should learn (in my opinion) is the difference between Mini and MINI. Mini refers to the classics. MINI refers to the BMW 2002 and on MINIs.

Oh and do you have a name in mind, or are you waiting to get the feel of your MINI? As Ali (TGGRRR) would say... MINIs love having names... lol :)

Signature.JPG

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get your Roadster S soon so you can be motoring with us. Yes we're a great community and always helpful when you have a question.

1st lesson any MINIac should learn (in my opinion) is the difference between Mini and MINI. Mini refers to the classics. MINI refers to the BMW 2002 and on MINIs.

Oh and do you have a name in mind, or are you waiting to get the feel of your MINI? As Ali (TGGRRR) would say... MINIs love having names... lol :)

If you don't name it, Ali will do it for you. So pick a name you like soon! :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome, welcome! Looking forward to seeing you at a MINI event soon. Any rough ETA on when you should have your MINI?

P.S. - My opinion, you have to have and drive your MINI for a few before you can effectively name it. But what do I know, I've had mine for a couple of months now and no name is forthcoming (however my MINI did inspire me to get vanity tags for it).

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ah, and here I thought the difference between Mini and MINI was merely an over-enthusiastic owner with a caps lock problem. :laugh: Good to be in the know, thank you!

oddly enough, a name has begun to percolate a bit, but I agree with LostDenverite that I should wait and see after we've been together a while. If all goes well, she'll be on the COURAGE which is leaving Southampton tomorrow, but I have yet to get any confirmation on that fact. Hopefully, in about two weeks she'll be here!

-m

like everyone else has said welcome to the family. i know for a fact that you will enjoy your new MINI rocko (my 04 MCS) is my first MINI and they are just great cars to own i have a smile every time i drive my "little" car

but welcome to the fam

minime331

chris

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

...she'll be on the COURAGE which is leaving Southampton tomorrow, but I have yet to get any confirmation on that fact. Hopefully, in about two weeks she'll be here!

As I'm my MINI's 2nd owner, I didn't track it from its point of origin to its final destination (as I hear can be done and often is). So, is there a "new baby" party when it actually arrives in your driveway? Or is it done at the dealership when they hand you your keys? Does the new owner throw the party or do your (new found) friends/enthusiasts do it for you?

Thank you all for the kind welcome. Shipping status finally updated, and she's going to be on the TIRRANNA scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on the 15th! I'm thinking the only party that will be happening is a little one-on-one time along the roads around my house!

So far, I've only seen one R59 on the roads... a little black number in Leesburg, so I'm definitely psyched. I mostly remember during the test drive I was grinning like an idiot the entire time, so that's pretty much what sold me.

now, the wait begins... (continues?)

Welcome, welcome. You are going to LOVE it.

I took delivery of Ernie on April 6th so I'm still a newbie myself, even though my wife thinks I am an all out MINIac. Just 3 months in and I've already been on 4 runs and over 1,000 miles on MTTS 2012 from July 4th through yesterday (including the Dragon). :rock:

I remember the anticipation of tracking the build, transport, ship crossing, and delivery and waiting is not easy. It will be worth it.

Hope to meet you soon. And... take you time with the name. Will is ahead of you on Ali's list to name his MINI so you have a buffer.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Welcome, welcome. You are going to LOVE it.

I remember the anticipation of tracking the build, transport, ship crossing, and delivery and waiting is not easy. It will be worth it.

The waiting is definitely agonizing, but I'm in the home stretch... The ship is off the coast of Maryland with a Baltimore ETA of 15:00 EST.

I went down to the dealer yesterday to pick up some paperwork and looked longingly at a r59 that had a similar exterior to what mine should be like. I was vacillating on my choice before, but no more!

The wait, she kills...

The The ship is off the coast of Maryland with a Baltimore ETA of 15:00 EST.

Today? Your new baby docks at 3P ET today? For those in-the-know, how much longer before it's off-loaded? Can Michael go down to the dock and watch the delivery? At what point can he start handing out cigars :laugh:

Today? Your new baby docks at 3P ET today? For those in-the-know, how much longer before it's off-loaded? Can Michael go down to the dock and watch the delivery? At what point can he start handing out cigars :laugh:

Ernie and Obsessive (John's Coupe) came in on the same boat. I know that John went up to Baltimore to watch them off load. I believe that the ship came in on a Tuesday or Wednesday and it was delivered to MINI of MoCo on Friday. I'm told that was a fast delivery but what do I know. If it came in today he could have it by Wednesday or later. Good Luck and enjoy the rocket ship.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Ernie and Obsessive (John's Coupe) came in on the same boat. I know that John went up to Baltimore to watch them off load. I believe that the ship came in on a Tuesday or Wednesday and it was delivered to MINI of MoCo on Friday. I'm told that was a fast delivery but what do I know. If it came in today he could have it by Wednesday or later. Good Luck and enjoy the rocket ship.

yeah, apparently there are some discrepancies, and the ship won't arrive until tomorrow. No worries... soon enough, all will be well.

however, who in their right mind would settle for an *automatic* *justa* roadster in *MY* colors..... well, the nerve! :hmpf:

ok, I'm getting snippy.... I WANT MY CAR, DAMMIT!!!!! <throwing tantrum>

On an unrelated side note: who on this board has been out to Poolesville?

I got lucky with Merlin - Arrived in Baltimore on friday and delivered to PMoA the same day. We went to autocross in Lona's car on Saturday and while we were standing there in the rain, I got the call, he was ready to be picked up... Seconds became hours and hours became centuries!

Welcome to the forums, I hope you get the call for a pick up soon and we do look forward to fawning over your new ride at an event soon!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold