mini2nv2004

Just registered

Hey DC Metro MINI, Joe from PhillyMINI here. I registered to see what you guys are up to this year. I tried to acces other portions of your site, but I guess no Forum access unless you are a paid Member.

Have a great 2009 Motoring Season,

Joe

Co-Prime MINIster, PhillyMINI

Edited by mini2nv2004

Hey Joe!

Yes, our site is a hybrid of public and private forums... we still love to have visitors and are still very interested in inter-club events where feasible.

Our club calendar and events forums are visible to visitors though, so you can still see what we're "up to". :top:

Thanks for stopping by! :wavey:

Haemish

DCMM Secretary

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Hey Joe! You are not the only PhillyMINI guy checking things out here. I actually started out doing events with the DC folks as the Philly area was a little slower getting organized.

2003 Electric Blue/White MCS with 15% Helix pully, Helix Rear Anti-sway Bars, Texas Racing Adjustable Read Control Arms, Helix Cold Air Intake

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks. Once upon a time our clubs loosely discussed a dual club event meeting in the middle somewhere.

We currently have the Punkin Chunkin event in Delaware on our calander this year. November 6, 7 and 8 in Nassau Delaware. Don't know distance from DC, but let us know what you think. :top:

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks. Once upon a time our clubs loosely discussed a dual club event meeting in the middle somewhere.

We currently have the Punkin Chunkin event in Delaware on our calander this year. November 6, 7 and 8 in Nassau Delaware. Don't know distance from DC, but let us know what you think. :top:

Cheers,

Joe

SWEET! I always wanted to see that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh punkin chunkin is very cool. Paul and I have been several times for the day. There's even a book about it called Pie In The Sky, which is the term for a pumpkin that explodes before hitting the ground.

From DC, it's probably about 3 hours to Nassau, which is very close to Rehoboth Beach. This could be a ton of fun...

here's the link to the official site:http://www.punkinchunkin.com/main.htm

I looked and it is about 3 hours from Philly. We may actually be meeting in the middle and just a little bit east.

If you could monitor interest in your club, I will do the same in ours. I also will look into accommodations in the area for those who may want to be "chunkin" all weekend.

Sounds like we may have something here. :top:

Cheers,

Joe

Punkin' chunkin' is wild. Carol and I went a couple times when it was held right along Route 1. They had to move it because they put a pumpkin through the roof of the church at the end of the field. :embarassed:

That would be a fun overnight trip and off season rates at Rehobeth. :party:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI, I posted a teaser/feeler thread on our website to gauge interest. I think we may have the seed planted for a great dual club meeting/event.

Feel free to check us out at http://www.phillymini.org. All it takes is a MINI VIN# to register and gain access to our Forums.

We can see how interest in both clubs progresses and maybe do it as an overnight with a combined club social gathering for dinner and drinks on Saturday night.

Thoughts are welcome.

Cheers,

Joe

Sounds like a fun event.

Jason

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just bumping this along as the Summer is ending and November will be here before you know it.

Are you guys interested in doing a dual club meet and greet during the Punkin Chunkin weekend in early November? PhillyMINI Members seemed interested and will most likely be attending the event. The M&G could be a simple dinner and drinks at a local pub or restaurant.

Let us know,

Joe

Just bumping this along as the Summer is ending and November will be here before you know it.

Are you guys interested in doing a dual club meet and greet during the Punkin Chunkin weekend in early November? PhillyMINI Members seemed interested and will most likely be attending the event. The M&G could be a simple dinner and drinks at a local pub or restaurant.

Let us know,

Joe

That would be really cool. :top: