Edge

2012 DCMM 5th Annual Picnic

5th Annual DCMM Picnic

Where: Mason District Park Picnic Shelter

Address: 6621 Columbia Pike, Annandale VA 22003

When: Saturday, August 25, Noon to 5

Cost: FREE to current members and one guest, non members and additional guests are $5. Children 10 and under are free, children over 10 will count as a guest. Please remember to bring/wear your club badge! (Don't worry if you don't have it yet or forget, we have a list).

Menu: DCMM will provide the following:

Hamburgers

Hotdogs

Veggie Burgers

Soda (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite)

Water

Condiments (Ketchup, mustard, and cheese)

Plates, utensils, cups and napkins

We are asking attendees to bring either a side or a dessert. It doesn’t need to be enough to serve everyone, but if everyone brings a dish for 4-5 people, we will have plenty! Please put what you are bringing in your RSVP.

We are also asking for volunteers to take a turn at the grill. Please let us know if you would like to help with the grilling.

We will be having games, such as bocce and cricket. Please feel free to bring any equipment you may have.

Important Information:

• Picnic is rain or shine. There is a shelter, so don’t let the weather stop you!
  • Dogs are permitted in the park, but they must be kept on a leash.
  • Alcohol is not allowed in the park, so please don’t bring any.
  • There are "real" bathrooms.
  • The parking lot is paved.

What to Bring:

• Sunscreen
  • Bug spray
  • Chairs (If you'd like to sit on something more comfortable than a picnic table)
  • You may want to bring a towel/change of clothes just in case any of the games involve water guns/balloons.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I thought driving our cars (esp en masse) is a main goal, and the further the better(?). Up to and onto White's Ferry sounds like an organized run, and fun!

For some reason, getting on the ferry just to get back on seems a bit silly to me. :hmmmm2: All the fun roads are on my side!!! :rock:

I'm in for the picnic, and can take a turn at the grill if needs be!

For some reason, getting on the ferry just to get back on seems a bit silly to me. :hmmmm2: All the fun roads are on my side!!! :rock:

I'm in for the picnic, and can take a turn at the grill if needs be!

Great to have grill helpers. We checked out the site on Sunday and it comes with a huge double grill and then 3 more single grills. The pavillion is pretty large and there's a nice flat grassy area in front of the pavillion and on the other side of the street.

It's a nice park, we should have a great time.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Me and the fam. will be there around noonish (a bit of a drive) but we wanted to know if there is a playground close by or do we need to bring some toys for the little one

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Me and the fam. will be there around noonish (a bit of a drive) but we wanted to know if there is a playground close by or do we need to bring some toys for the little one

I'm pretty sure there is a playground, but I don't know how close it is to the picnic shelter. It wouldn't hurt to be prepared with some toys.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

There is a playground that's about 5 minutes (by foot) away. When you walk from the picnic area towards the restrooms, continue on the paved path, keep to your left and the playground is at the bottom of the hill.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Since many of you are unfamiliar with the park, as you enter it you will be forced to turn. Go Right!

If you go to the right, the road will wind up a bit and the picnic area is on the left. the parking is just past it.

If you accidently go left you'll see a bunch of soccer fields and baseball, turn around and go the other way.

it's not a huge park, there's only one sheltered picnic area.

We have a lot of open grassy areas near the shelter.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Along with tons of cookies, I will be bringing my portable Disc Golf basket/hole So if anyone "frolfs" bring your discs

~Dub?

'07 MCS | M7 AGS-R| M7 heatshield | RissRacing catless DP | Invidia Q300 | Vmaxx coils | Alta Endlinks

Here are a couple of pics of the picnic site, for those curious :top:

DCMM-2012-Picnic-venue-1.jpg

DCMM-2012-Picnic-venue-2.jpg

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129