Scavenger

Window Tinting Update

My apartment in Falls Church sent out a letter stating that the police could come on the property at any time and ticket any car that didn't have a sticker and VA tags. It's ridiculous.

Yup, yup. In VA you could have a car in your backyard/garage and covered, and the code enforcers have the right to go on your property to inspect and give you a citation (e.g., for no tags).

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Those are serious accusations you're making and I'd appreciate you not making them unless you know the facts.

I'm following the letter of the law. Me and my vehicles go back and forth from location to location (mostly KS) and my vehicles spend more than half of the year parked off of Virginia soil. I do pay a $100 registration fee with the VA DMV.

Sounds like property tax evasion...

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the interest of maintaining a peaceful decorum here, I'm going to have to ask that the "legality" issue be dropped now. Beau has clearly proven that his is not an open-and-shut case of law breaking, so let it go, people!

If this thread doesn't return to the topic of window tinting, and quickly... it will be closed.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

It's not always as simple as it sounds and it's not cut and dried. Military has a very different set of rules and I think we can all agree that elected officials have different rules as well. Most insurance companies will let you insure in more than one state (at least USAA does) so that part isn't too hard. Beyond that, it gets complicated and without knowing ALL of the situation, it's impossible to say what is or isn't right.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Hi Welcome Jerry, since you're a member now I moved this post to the Maintenance forum where some discussion about window tint has already been talked about.

By the way, we're having a group mobile tinting party this Sunday in Fairfax (near GMU) http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/3273-beat-the-rays-tint-party/ Right now all the slots are taken but you can check out the vendor doing the work this time (http://www.nolimitmobilewindowtinting.com).

Signature.JPG

Past vehicles I've taken to LA Tint in Sterling. Not the cheapest, but they do good work. They use FormulaOne tint films. They also have other locations in Manassas (their main location) and Woodbridge.

3M tint films are available at a place in Fairfax called TintFX. They also have SunTek films available. As an aside, they also provide PlastiDip services, if you'd rather not DIY. I've never used them myself, but they have five 5-star reviews on Google.