1975_mini

"Beat the Rays" Tint Party

Lets make this an official event!!!!!!

Who: Their website is www.nolimitmobilewindowtinting.com They have been in the tint business for 22 years and have many examples of the work on the webpage. Also some nice exotics if you just want to oogle some cars (talking to you Tyler). The brand of film used is Global Window Film the quality is High Performance. They have used this film for 10 years and never had any issues. They can provide 7 different percentages ranging from 50 % to 5% as we all have car registered across the beltway.

Fun fact: if you resister your car for commercial use in VA you can get around the tint laws.

Where: Craig’s has been kind enough to volunteer the GarageMahal

When: June 15th or 22nd Looking to do this on a Sunday (Something about Craig wanting to play with his new toy.) I will post a poll to lock down the day.

Just tell me how Much Damn it!!!

-$140 for a Hatchback

-$180 for a Countryman

-$200 for a Clubman.

Schedule: They can due 4 MINIs a Day. If we can fill multiple day and someone wants to host another day just let me know. Or maybe I can buy another Sunday off Craig with some beer.

0800-1000: Burgrave of Fells Point (w/ ceramic tint)

1000-1200: Mikev (w/ ceramic tint)

1200-1300: lunch

1300-1500: Poison Ivy

1500-1700: CMCVeay (w/ ceramic tint)

Please let me know if you’re in and the time slot you would like, also the day. Thanks and hope to see you all there

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I might come out and hang out. Do you want RSVPs for the groupies or only people getting a tint? It's the week after my knee surgery so I'm a maybe for everything until I'm sure about how things are going

I think only RSVP's for getting work done. It's an open garage day so everyone is welcome to come hang out if they like.

If the weather is nice, I've already cleaned up and used the BBQ grill and it can be put to good use.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

And a note since it didn't make it over... the ceramic tint (GWF's Premium automotive tint) is $100 more.

Ceramic tint has much higher heat reduction than metallized tint, and also won't affect RF signals like GPS and cell phone.

And a note since it didn't make it over... the ceramic tint (GWF's Premium automotive tint) is $100 more.

Ceramic tint has much higher heat reduction than metallized tint, and also won't affect RF signals like GPS and cell phone.

But the advantage of metallized tint is that it makes it harder for the black helicopters to monitor your thoughts so you won't have to wear an aluminum foil hat while driving! :idea:

We have one spot remaining, any takers? you can have 0800 or for a limited time only I am willing to kick Craig out of the 1500 spot if you are not a morning person:wink:

1975Mini001.jpg

Look forward to seeing you there. Sue Craig it's his garage and I am military with kids so you would get much:hahaha:

I will suing by and hang out. Won't be able to take advantage of the tinting, Crack windshield takes priority

1975Mini001.jpg

Smoked Chickens!!!!!

Tell ya what. I'm burned out on smoked chicken after MOTD.

Instead, I'll plan a trip to BJ's to get a couple of slabs of ribs for the grill. How about pork AND beef ribs?

They will be ready around 11.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable memorial day weekend. We have one spot left, any takers.

Watson is ready to fill it, but if someone wants it it is yours.

With an impromtu bbq breaking out, I will bring some sides.

I am looking forward to a fun day

1975Mini001.jpg

Tell ya what. I'm burned out on smoked chicken after MOTD.

Instead, I'll plan a trip to BJ's to get a couple of slabs of ribs for the grill. How about pork AND beef ribs?

They will be ready around 11.

:eating::dancing2:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm going to bring my laptop and would be happy to do any coding if anyone wants some otherwise inaccessible settings changed in their MINI's computer. See this post for more info about some of the things that can be done. All of the R-models should be able to be coded with what I have.

I'm sure the F56 has newer data files that I would need to seek out and obtain to work on them, so they're out for now.

I think Carlos serves that area but I can't remember his business name and don't know his contact info

I think it's Solar Solutions but that's really testing my memory.

mikev said:
I'm going to bring my laptop and would be happy to do any coding if anyone wants some otherwise inaccessible settings changed in their MINI's computer. See this post for more info about some of the things that can be done. All of the R-models should be able to be coded with what I have.

I'm sure the F56 has newer data files that I would need to seek out and obtain to work on them, so they're out for now.

Awesome addition Mike. Thank you for that offer. I've got a battery charger for the bigger jobs just to be on the safe side and I'll make sure you have an extension cord.

Er... just realized you need to be a paid member to read the post I linked to. :)

Quick summary here...

There are a variety of settings that BMW/MINI doesn't allow changing through user-accessible means. Some may be for safety, others actually add some nice convenience. These can be changed by those in the know with a laptop and some software, and a special cable to go between the car and laptop.

A small sample of things that can be changed...

- Comfort close windows/sunroof (possibly top if convertible) with remote (hold lock button)

- Two-touch sunroof (one touch tilts open, a second touch opens fully)

- Always show digital speed on tach (for some years that instead showed Time/Temp in the middle of the tach)

- Remove safety warning from Connected/Navigation

- Auto-unlock doors when removing key from holder (may not work if you have the comfort system)

- Disable various light bulb checks (i.e. if you have LED turn signals, brake lights, etc.)

- Disable auto/int wiper icon (moves trip odometer back to bottom line next to regular odometer)

And more. A longer list is available in a Google Docs spreadsheet linked in this NAM post. Even that list isn't complete, but at least things there have been tested by others.

Sweet mike, that sounds great. Anyone just stopping by feel free to use the RSVP feature on the event. I have the people filling the tint slots capture in the event info

1975Mini001.jpg