TGGRRR (Ali)

Rebooking next year

Did you guys see this in the latest newsletter?

Fontana Booking news: Starting this Monday for existing reservation holders only, you can now rebook your room for 2013. This should help keep the check out lines down on Sunday this year.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Just as a side note, several of us HR MINI folks are renting a house 5 miles from Fontana. Actually less than a cabin and 4 bedroom/4 bath. Granted we'll miss all the activity Fontana has after hours, but it's still way closer than Robbinsville.

Just as a side note, several of us HR MINI folks are renting a house 5 miles from Fontana. Actually less than a cabin and 4 bedroom/4 bath. Granted we'll miss all the activity Fontana has after hours, but it's still way closer than Robbinsville.

Are there a lot of those types of places available around there Dale?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Did you guys see this in the latest newsletter?

Fontana Booking news: Starting this Monday for existing reservation holders only, you can now rebook your room for 2013. This should help keep the check out lines down on Sunday this year.

I don't feel like I have enough tenure to start the MOTD 2013 thread, but I do need to start planning for the event sooner than later. I already have work projects scheduled past the next MOTD dates.

That said, any recommendations on lodging (e.g., Fontana Village vs. Tapoco Lodge)? What kind of rates did y'all pay this year?

TIA

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I don't feel like I have enough tenure to start the MOTD 2013 thread, but I do need to start planning for the event sooner than later. I already have work projects scheduled past the next MOTD dates.

That said, any recommendations on lodging (e.g., Fontana Village vs. Tapoco Lodge)? What kind of rates did y'all pay this year?

TIA

Call Fontana TODAY and if you can't get a room/cabin, at least you'll be high up on the waiting list. Fontana is definitely the place to stay. Tapoco would be second choice...it's the closest accommodation to Fontana.

I think I heard rates are going up next year at Fontana. I think if you go to their website, you'll see pricing.

Call Fontana TODAY and if you can't get a room/cabin, at least you'll be high up on the waiting list. Fontana is definitely the place to stay. Tapoco would be second choice...it's the closest accommodation to Fontana.

I think I heard rates are going up next year at Fontana. I think if you go to their website, you'll see pricing.

Alrighty then. Let the waitlist begin! (Supposedly) I just secured the last available room, a "Hickory" Queen 2B2B. As I'm only taking me, myself and I, either I make some new friends :laugh: and/or I'll call back tomorrow and see about getting waitlisted for a simple 1B1B.

Alrighty then. Let the waitlist begin! (Supposedly) I just secured the last available room, a "Hickory" Queen 2B2B. As I'm only taking me, myself and I, either I make some new friends :laugh: and/or I'll call back tomorrow and see about getting waitlisted for a simple 1B1B.

Hang on to it. That spare bed room will be grabbed in a heart beat next year. You never know...perhaps even if you share with a stranger, you might become good friends as a result. Getting wait listed wouldn't be a bad idea either. Having one's own cabin is a plus as you can make your own meals if you're so inclined.

Hang on to it. That spare bed room will be grabbed in a heart beat next year. You never know...perhaps even if you share with a stranger, you might become good friends as a result. Getting wait listed wouldn't be a bad idea either. Having one's own cabin is a plus as you can make your own meals if you're so inclined.

Oh no! I planned to keep the room (they've taken the mandatory 1-nt deposit) and the waitlist is additional so I can downgrade if the single occ room becomes available.

Hang on to it. That spare bed room will be grabbed in a heart beat next year. You never know...perhaps even if you share with a stranger, you might become good friends as a result.
Yep! That's how I met and befriended you (Katie) at MOTD3 in 2005! :biggrin:

(Katie had a 2 bedroom cabin and I took the extra room. I hadn't even met her in person yet!)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I heard from Deb (Giggles) at the MINI of MoCo M&G that she didn't have a room and called 2 or 3 weeks before MOTD and got one since they had a last minute cancellation. Will, I wouldn't count on that happening all the time but I would think that you probably will get a single in time.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

I heard from Deb (Giggles) at the MINI of MoCo M&G that she didn't have a room and called 2 or 3 weeks before MOTD and got one since they had a last minute cancellation. Will, I wouldn't count on that happening all the time but I would think that you probably will get a single in time.

Yup yup. This far out when I waitlist didn't exist until after I took the last room, I expect to get what I want.