RichSperry

Quaife and OX Speed

Just got the car back from Rick and the guys at OX Speed after the install of the Quaife ATB diff.

The car was done ahead of schedule, and for less than the estimate.

Wow, what a difference. Didn't notice the traction control kicking in around slow turns like before. Torque steer seems to be a lot less too.

Well worth the cost.

I highly recommend OX Speed, and Quaife...

No matter where you go, there you are!

Did you buy your LSD from them ? If so, what was the cost for parts and installation if you don't mind me asking ? I have been seriously think about getting one. Most online prices I have found are at $1075, but I did find one sight for $971.

Geno

image.php?u=888&type=sigpic&dateline=136

Sorry, been downy Ocean Hon...

No I didn't buy it from them, I bought it online and paid $918 plus shipping. Google is your friend.

I supplied the new bearings and 3 qts of RedLine MTL. (Way Motor Works)

Install was just over $1000. and Rick took me to and picked me up from Enterprise Rentacar in Glen Burnie. They had the car from Monday afternoon, and the car was ready at about 10 AM Wednesday.

Then I had a new set of Star Specs installed, (215-45-17)...

What a way to spend about $3000...lol

Sorry, been downy Ocean Hon...

No I didn't buy it from them, I bought it online and paid $918 plus shipping. Google is your friend.

I supplied the new bearings and 3 qts of RedLine MTL. (Way Motor Works)

Install was just over $1000. and Rick took me to and picked me up from Enterprise Rentacar in Glen Burnie. They had the car from Monday afternoon, and the car was ready at about 10 AM Wednesday.

Then I had a new set of Star Specs installed, (215-45-17)...

What a way to spend about $3000...lol

Did Rick take you in his MINI? That thing is simply out of this world. Good on them for providing your transportation. I can't say enough good things about OX Speed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Stella" 2007 MCS, SS/B, Red Lounge Leather, WMW DV, NM Engineering TA, KIWI WIFI + Rev + KUDA

Did you have the OEM LSD before or were you just open before?
That's a good question, I was wondering the same thing. In the 1st Gens, the factory LSD option was first introduced in the 01/2005 builds... I heard about it and actually delayed my order by a month or two so I could get it.

I understand that MINI started to look towards an electronic solution instead of mechanical in the 2nd Gens, but I don't recall which year and model they did that.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

It was open. The LSD was a $500 option up until 3/2010. Then they discontinued offering it. You can get the Electronic diff, Ediff, but it uses the brakes to stop a spinning wheel, and probably isn't good for your brakes...

The factory unit was only a 25% limited slip, or as I understand it will only transfer 25% of the power to the other wheel. The Quaife is about 80% and the OS Gilken is a true 100% transfer. For my daily driver duty, I really didn't see the need to spend twice as much for the Gilken for a bit more transfer. (Gilken is about $1900).