GotMINI

ECU/Dyno Tuning

I considered them but, I looked at their website and I noticed that they do not have one MINI that they advertise that they have tuned. Evo's or Talons are their speciallty.
Actually their main specialty are Subaru WRX & STIs, I think. Of course, Dan @ Mach V is a DCMM vendor so I'm sure he'll speak for himself when he sees this thread. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Gene,

There isn't anyone local that's doing ECU tuning on MINI's and there aren't that many who are doing it at all. Unlike most cars, the MINI ECU is encrypted so it's taken some work to get into them.

As Ali and Haemish mentioned, Dan at Mach V did mention working with Jan B. (Revolution Motor Works or RMW) to have him come back out for this 3rd Annual tuning/dyno day) so that would be a great opportunity. Dan said he was hoping to get this set up prior to MOTD 12 and he'll advertise it on DCMM. If you or others would be interested in this, I would encourage you to reach out to Dan so he knows the interest level. Jan usually comes out for 2 full days of tuning and he can typically get 15-20 tunes done in that time. I've had an RMW tune and I can only express my satisfaction with one word... WOW!!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

To make this happen, Dan needs to know how many people are interested. So, if you are interested, it would be a good thing to give Dan a call or drop him an email and let him know that you will be a "player" if he can get Jan to come back out this year.

To make this happen, Dan needs to know how many people are interested. So, if you are interested, it would be a good thing to give Dan a call or drop him an email and let him know that you will be a "player" if he can get Jan to come back out this year.

I sent him a PM for Mark and I

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I sent him a PM for Mark and I

Unless Mark MUST have a custom dyno tune, he really should consider shopping around for a second hand Access Port or just buy one from Alta!

I say that because it will give him the ability to load different tunes in the event he does mods in the future - without having to pay for updates to the tune.

You saw my numbers from stock to tune. 12.5% increase in HP and around 20% increase in torque. Not sure if you noticed but Dan actually uninstalled the tune between the last two runs just to get the stock numbers.

I will admit that I have not been a big fan of some of Alta's "hard parts" because, in my personal experience, they just didn't measure up. I can say that I applaud the work that's been done with Cobb to produce a tuning tool that really does work well. The access port is also a great tool to have as it incorporates several rather expensive tools into a single hand held device.

I just thought I'd put that out there in case any 2nd Gen owner didn't want to wait.

Oh, it's also worth mentioning this. With Jan's Dyno tune, it runs about $500 for the tune and around $100 for the dyno time. The tune is loaded and that's what you have. The tuning tool is another $600-$800 if you'd like to have the ability to upload/download the tune. If the dealer reflashes your car, the tune is gone and without a tool, you'll have to wait until Jan comes back out. With the access port, you get the tool and the tune for one price... I like Jan and I love the work he does but it's only fair to lay out the options.

Ricky is correct, the access port is only for 2nd Gen and, for the moment only up to 2011 "S" but 07-12 JCW's.

Correct though Ali. If the dealer reflashes/updates the entire car, it will overwrite the tune. Without one of the tools to reflash it, the tune will have to be reloaded. To be honest, I haven't done any research into tools that will do that for 1st Gen cars, not because I don't like 'em or anything, there's just no equity in it for me unless someone would like to give me a GP for my birthday.

I was really hoping that Jan would come back out! Cant wait. Do you know what the rate goes for gen 1 tuning? I need to save.

Hi All I'm really interested in this for my 05 R53 !!! :top::top:

I've done a few mods to my car in addition to 15% pulley and exhaust I bought the car with. I've contacted Dan (MACHV) back in May via Email and he mentioned that he had been trying to get Jan (RMW) in the summer. He promissed he would get back to me when he works out a date with him. I haven't heard anything since (no problem, he's probably a very busy man :wink:. I don't know if I missed a tune day at Machv or not. I've been checking the Events forum section and I don't see anything related. I sent a follow-up to Dan in August and I still haven't gotten a reply. I really don't want to miss Jan's trip to our area, please chime in if you have some info. Thanks All!

Name: MINIster, 2005 MCS, Pure Silver, Black Leather, ALTA pulley (15%), Green CAI, Ireland Engineering catback exhaust, Enkei 16" wheels, Aero Kit, Window Tint.

You can check with OxSpeed, they're in MD and one of our vendors. They specialize in MINIs and they can do a tune

Thank you TGGRRR :top: I will research them.

Does anyone here have any experience with OxSpeed re: ECU tuning services?

Name: MINIster, 2005 MCS, Pure Silver, Black Leather, ALTA pulley (15%), Green CAI, Ireland Engineering catback exhaust, Enkei 16" wheels, Aero Kit, Window Tint.

just reporting back to my findings...

I spoke to the folks at Oxspeed and found-out that they don't do R53s at the moment :frown:. And I say at the moment because it is something they want to get into as soon as they get an R53 (guinea pig) and the software. They currently only own Gen 2. I can confirm that they are very pleasant to speak with and offered to do weekend service if needed, all though they're only open weekdays. :congrats:

Another location in Maryland is Behe Porformance. I spoke with them and they do custom tunes for the 1st Gens. :top:

Please chime in if you've experienced or heard anything about their services.

Thanks all.

Another location in Maryland is Behe Porformance. I spoke with them and they do custom tunes for the 1st Gens. :top:
John Behe definitely knows his stuff with 1st Gens. However, if you do business with him, don't mention DCMM. He used to be a vendor (many years ago) and we had an unfortunate falling out, and he wants nothing to do with us now. :frown:

In case you're curious, the main issue was an event conflict - he had taken the time to set up a special event for the club, and then someone else came in and created a conflicting event and it totally took the wind out of the sails of his event. It's one of the reasons why we try to guard carefully against conflicting events, unless it's believed that the two events are so different that they won't drain attendees from each other. We don't want that kind of thing happening again!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thanks Edge! I appreciate the info...

Now I can't decide whether I wan to do my cam and larger injectors before I tune or not...:confused:

Edited by abdul28