minime331

What I like to do on Friday nights

so for about the past month or so after i am done work I've been going into dc and taking some pictures of some of the monuments and building. i have put them all in B&W because i think they look better that way. but ill let you decide. so here are some of the pics

DSC_1328

two (1 of 1)

DSC_9881

DSC_1167

i will be adding more soon

hope you like

i dont get how to put pictures into the thread so im just giving you the url for now one day ill figure it out

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

so for about the past month or so after i am done work I've been going into dc and taking some pictures of some of the monuments and building. i have put them all in B&W because i think they look better that way. but ill let you decide. so here are some of the pics

DSC_1328

two (1 of 1)

DSC_9881

DSC_1167

i will be adding more soon

hope you like

i dont get how to put pictures into the thread so im just giving you the url for now one day ill figure it out

Above each picture there is a pull down labeled "Share"

Click the row for "Grab the HTML/BBCode"

Select the BBCode radio button

Pick the size you want to post and then copy the text from the box.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your pictures look great, maybe one day we can meet up and help me out with some photo techniques. If that's ok?

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Chris - those are awesome photo's! Would you be willing to organize an outing for those of us who are into photography? I think you'd be able to get a good crowd and it would be lots of fun! Ali and I went down to the mall about a year ago to do this and we had a great time.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Chris - those are awesome photo's! Would you be willing to organize an outing for those of us who are into photography? I think you'd be able to get a good crowd and it would be lots of fun! Ali and I went down to the mall about a year ago to do this and we had a great time.

thank you thank you craig and ali and others

i wouldn't mind doing a outing it would be kinda fun. i've never done one before so i guess i can give it a try. those i did when i first started to do night shots and i didn't really know about the bulb setting (which makes it much easier to do night shots). but I'd be glad to do one would just need some help i guess

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

i wouldn't mind doing a outing it would be kinda fun. i've never done one before so i guess i can give it a try. those i did when i first started to do night shots and i didn't really know about the bulb setting (which makes it much easier to do night shots). but I'd be glad to do one would just need some help i guess

Also, I LOVE night shooting, and almost prefer longer shutter speed(bulb, full manual, and remote, rear curtain flash), and sunrise/sunset shooting.

One of the BEST things I can offer, is set your shutter to go off a few seconds AFTER you touch the button if doing it manually. This eliminates and micro movement of releasing the tripod. . . even subtle movement will will KILL sharpness. Just the shutter shale alone can be a P.I.T.A.

I would be down for a PM shoot and meet, so long as it's a slow pace, lol.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Also, I LOVE night shooting, and almost prefer longer shutter speed(bulb, full manual, and remote, rear curtain flash), and sunrise/sunset shooting.

One of the BEST things I can offer, is set your shutter to go off a few seconds AFTER you touch the button if doing it manually. This eliminates and micro movement of releasing the tripod. . . even subtle movement will will KILL sharpness. Just the shutter shale alone can be a P.I.T.A.

I would be down for a PM shoot and meet, so long as it's a slow pace, lol.

I like slow paces too

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Very nice. Being a dumb ass who is less sophisticated than his camera, I can tell you I'd be very happy to claim any of those shots as mine! Keep up the good work!

so you saying you would take my work at says its yours :questionmark: hope im reading it wrong

Very nice. Being a dumb ass who is less sophisticated than his camera, I can tell you I'd be very happy to claim any of those shots as mine! Keep up the good work!

so you saying you would take my work at says its yours :questionmark: hope im reading it wrong

Chris: Yes, you're reading it wrong. Dale was making a compliment. What he was basically saying is that he wishes his photography was good enough to equal the work he has seen here. He'd be very happy if he was -able- (legitimately, for real) to claim any of these photos as his own work. Not that he would do so, because they aren't... but he wishes his photography met that standard.

Make sense now? :)

I agree with him... these are all phenomenal! My complete lack of artistic talent is disappointing sometimes. At least I can be proud of my technical work instead. :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Chris: Yes, you're reading it wrong. Dale was making a compliment. What he was basically saying is that he wishes his photography was good enough to equal the work he has seen here. He'd be very happy if he was -able- (legitimately, for real) to claim any of these photos as his own work. Not that he would do so, because they aren't... but he wishes his photography met that standard.

Make sense now? :)

I agree with him... these are all phenomenal! My complete lack of artistic talent is disappointing sometimes. At least I can be proud of my technical work instead. :)

ok thank you i was tired last night so i wasn't fully awake thanks for clearing it up to me

Count me in for helping.

I use the bulb setting with a wireless remote and I I want it to be extra, extra sharp, I do the mirror lock up there's no camera shake at all.

I just read the post by Dale and your reply. Sorry but I had to chuckle at that just a little.

I do the mirror lock up there's no camera shake at all.

Hrmm, I am not sure, maybe it's a Nikon thing(I know you shoot for the Dark Side), but I can only to a mirror lock up for a dust reference photos. I like the idea of being able to lock it up, especially for star trail projects I have done, and want to do. . .I just don't like the sensor warming involved with exposures over 20min. But that little jiggle, even with a delayed shutter, drives me bonkers with that project in particular. A straight up mirror lock up is an advantage.

Nice little insight, thanks CMV!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Hrmm, I am not sure, maybe it's a Nikon thing(I know you shoot for the Dark Side), but I can only to a mirror lock up for a dust reference photos. I like the idea of being able to lock it up, especially for star trail projects I have done, and want to do. . .I just don't like the sensor warming involved with exposures over 20min. But that little jiggle, even with a delayed shutter, drives me bonkers with that project in particular. A straight up mirror lock up is an advantage.

DARK SIDE!!! i dont know what your talking bout. Nikon is the ONLY way to go haha jk

Ya know what? I had a massive brain fart! Ewwwww!

You are right Jono! Now I have to go back and figure out what I meant with that.

Hey, I'm going to be at the Jefferson Memorial Friday evening at 6:30 for short wedding rehearsal. Since Lona is scheduled to fly back into Regan at about 11:00 p.m., I need a good reason to hang around down that way.

If anyone would like to meet up and go do a night photo run trip on the mall, I'm game!