cmcveay

MINIs on the range

To not conflict with holidays and the Meet and Greet, I'm plopping this event down on the 10th of December.

If anyone has a range preference (Blue Ridge, NRA or others), please speak up and we can choose where we go. To accommodate the "night owls" in the group, let's plan on meeting up at 10:30 so we can spend some time on the range and then stop for lunch afterward.

There is a show at Dulles Town Center this weekend and I'm going to be making an "ammo run" to be ready.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'm voting for NRA since I have to take the dogs to march in the Leesburg parade that morning and then drive home wash the dog goo off myself and then switch cars (alexandria->leesburg->alexandria->?)

if anyone wants to come help strut two happy dogs in the leesburg parade as part of collie club and hand out candy canes you're welcome to go with me. Line up in Leesburg is at 9:30 (I'm going to have to carry the poor dogs out to the car as they're not usually up that early) I've got a SIG mosquito (.22) SIG .40 and Paraordinance 1911 (.45) all are easy to shoot with little recoil, although especially with the .45 I'd appreciate people who are shooting my stuff to grab ammo.

-l.

Okay, it's less than a week until this event and I'd like to use the Silver Eagle Group range. Hopefully, that won't run anyone off.

Here's a link to their range safety rules

If it's been a while or you've never handled a firearm, please read the rules closely and let me know before entering the range. We'll do a short safety/orientation/fam so that you are safe and comfortable.

Of course it goes without saying but please transport all weapons in accordance with applicable laws.

Here's the address:

44620 Guilford Drive

Suite 100

Ashburn, Virginia 20147

Here's what I'll bring:

Glock Model 22 and Model 23 (.40 S&W)

Ruger Mk III (.22LR)

North American Arms Derringer (.22LR and .22WMR)

(I haven't fired it since I bought it so that will be fun)

Bushmaster M4 Carbine (.223/5.56)

12ga Pump Shotgun

I've got ammo for all of them but if you'd like to shoot more than a magazine or two, please consider purchasing a box at the range as it can get expensive.

EDIT: Okay, unless someone makes a special request, the shotgun will stay home. They only allow slugs at the range and I don't have any of those.

Please don't forget your eye and hearing protection. I'll have foam ear plugs and the range usually has rental equipment as well.

Edited by cmcveay

:nurse::nurse:Wasn't feeling well.

:argh: :argh:

:dontknow::dontknow:Thought it was allergies but I'm actually sick!

:banghead::banghead:

:sleep::sleep: Picked up some good drugs and now it's time to sleep.

I hope you kids have/had a great time.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I am so sorry you're sick Quitta, get some rest and get better.

We did have fun we were all safe and everything, Craig, Brian and Lauren came packing heat. I just borrowed. Craig let me shoot his assault rifle and the Rutger 22, which was very easy to use, by the end I knew how to load the magazine and change it out. Lauren let me shoot her 1911 45calibre. OK that thing was a bit dramatic. I shot it once, I can say I did it.

It was a learning experience for me.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Good lord, what is the upper with the long scope?? And what is the lil Derringer?

POOP

I really, REALLY wanna go shoot some paper, grrrrrr!

Jono - the upper with the 6x9 scope is a heavy 20" tube. It works well to pick off zombies from a good distance. The one that's mounted on the lower is more "tactical" with the vertical foregrip, light, laser and a 3x scope.

The Derringer? A North American Arms .22LR or .22WMR. Fired it for the first time today and it's really, really well behaved, even in big hands!

We had a really good time and the Para Ordnance that Laura brought was an awesome firearm and it shoots really sweet groups.