Maxicooper

03/09 DCMM Photo Contest, topic: "Size Matters", deadline extended!!!

Photo contest is back !!!!!!!!!

03/09, DCMM Photo Contest, topic: "Size Matters"

Use your creativities and imagination. This is going to be a really fun and fairly easy topic. nod.gif

No more excuses. Take your gears along with you and your MINI, go out and take some great pictures.grin.gif

Have fun everyone. :cool:

The deadline has been extended to May 9th @ noon. :biggrin:

3385210245_f3abbc9b57_o.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the sample pictures, it was from my camera phone.

Edited by Maxicooper

How's the contest progressing?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

I just need to remember my camera for work and I should have a good entry :)

Are we just posting to the thread with the pic, or sending them to you Maxicooper?

Please attach the image(s) on an email and send to maxicpr@aol.com , also please include the topic of the contest onto the subject line.

Thank you.

:smile:

We need to brainstorm on how to get more participation in the contests from our members. Everyone loves to look at the photos but there are usually only a handful of us that ever submit.

Just some food for thought:

1) Relax the rules a little. How about instead of the rule where the photo must be taken within the month of the contest, maybe we can have it within the last 6 months or year or something? A lot of people take photos during DCMM events but can't use them in the contests because of timing.

2) Maybe a little incentive.... $10 Starbucks card to the winner? DCMM supplied of course. :biggrin: Laura & Dave...can we dip into the petty cash drawer?

3) Lastly, let's allow the master of photography to submit. Maxicooper has the best photos and I love to look at anything he does. Of course, he'd win every single time so maybe we can let him submit but can't win....? :laugh:

Thoughts?

Glenn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We need to brainstorm on how to get more participation in the contests from our members. Everyone loves to look at the photos but there are usually only a handful of us that ever submit.

Just some food for thought:

Awesome !!!! thank you. :rock:

1) Relax the rules a little. How about instead of the rule where the photo must be taken within the month of the contest, maybe we can have it within the last 6 months or year or something? A lot of people take photos during DCMM events but can't use them in the contests because of timing.

Can do. Make it "Picture(s) has to be taken within the last 6 months. Counting from the submitting date. :biggrin:

2) Maybe a little incentive.... $10 Starbucks card to the winner? DCMM supplied of course. :biggrin: Laura & Dave...can we dip into the petty cash drawer?

Good idea. Actually, we also need a couple of 8" x 10" art frames (12 to be exact :wink:), to be used for displaying the winning pictures at MoT's. Donation? :biggrin:

3) Lastly, let's allow the master of photography to submit. Maxicooper has the best photos and I love to look at anything he does. Of course, he'd win every single time so maybe we can let him submit but can't win....? :laugh:

Thoughts?

Glenn

I don't know about that and I'm not that good btw. :embarassed:

Let's keep it the way it was. "Organizer is not allowed to join the contest". :tongue:

Edited by Maxicooper

I took this a while ago, but I think it fits the bill... sorry about the bug splatters on the windshield

336814728_75e9988351.jpg?v=0

Joel

My Flickr Site

The proud owner of a 2005 DS/B MCS-JCW...God is my Co-Pilot, but Satan has his foot on the Gas!!!

Half of a two JCW family, I am the fast one!

Someone is compensating for something...

LOL, my header for the picture on Flickr is "Overcompensating?"

Joel

My Flickr Site

The proud owner of a 2005 DS/B MCS-JCW...God is my Co-Pilot, but Satan has his foot on the Gas!!!

boy I guess so...what an idiot...that's not even legal in MD.:frown:

It is FL... I went to a vehicle inspection (when they used to do it) and got dinged b/c my gas cap seal was cracked... but the truck in front of me was so low to the ground he had his gas tank suspended from bungee chords in the bed.... and he passed. :banghead:

Joel

My Flickr Site

:questionmark: Are those slicks or is it just the picture? :questionmark:

The picture, we were on the hwy doing 70+ on an overcast day with the iso set to 100....

Joel

My Flickr Site